ND5 XS2 specific-tidal or qobuz?

Yes, you might want to get an EE8 switch too. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Started my free month trial of Qobuz and feeling my way around, not sure if it’s just a case of being more familiar with Tidal’s interface but straight off I like it better than Qobuz’s…
Also with the Qobuz app on both my phone and tablet Naim isn’t showing up as a device under “select your output”?? I can only play Qobuz on my ND5XS2 thru the Naim app, is this correct or am I missing something? Sound quality wise it sounds very good so far but haven’t really had time to do some serious listening, hopefully tomorrow…

No, that is correct, you are not missing something. There is no Qobuz Connect with Naim …yet.

2 Likes

Your streamer should be listed as an available device via Airplay and Bluetooth within the Qobuz app, assuming that these inputs are enabled. You should get better sound quality using the Naim app Qobuz input, so I wouldn’t bother if I were you.

2 Likes

Thank you Chris and Neil, I had a feeling that was the case… Sound quality is the #1 priority so I’ll just let it play directly from the Naim app :+1:

If you find the Qobuz app better for browsing and searching, it’s easy enough to flit between the two apps. Save something as a favourite on the Qobuz app and you will immediately be able to find it in the Naim app.

3 Likes

I had a trial of Tidal and Qobuz when I bought my ND5 XS 2 and ended up with the latter, like many others it seems! Sounded better to me and I liked the app more.

I also have Spotify and when/if it gets high res then I’ll likely switch to that completely, far better playlists, better discoverability of new music and its daily mixes are great!

Mark

3 Likes

Thanks Chris, browsing and searching is definitely better on the Qobuz app but I really like reading the credits and info on the artists and who is playing what on tracks when I’m listening…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.