ND555 dropout on Qobuz

Over the last week or so I’ve had dropouts at the beginning of tracks streamed from Qobuz, just wondering anyone else is having the same experience.

Playing as intended here. I’d start with a re-start of all of the hardware and network.

1 Like

Thanks Bart I’ll give that a go…
If I’d wanted jumping tracks I’d have put on a record :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I experienced that as well.

1 Like

I thought tracks were completely buffered beforehand to alleviate dropouts?

No problems here….

1 Like

Maybe try signing out and then back in again. When I have had the odd glitch it has helped.

1 Like

It does apparently not completely buffer beforehand, because if it did it would take a bit of time after pressing play until the music starts (and with a 50 Mbit/s internet connection this would take several seconds). However, when you press play it starts immediately. So most likely at first it plays from the live stream, so to speak, while the buffer is not yet full, and fills it up in parallel.

As you have dropouts at beginning of track, when the buffer is most likely barely filled: did you check your internet speed?

1 Like

Just checked, 54.5 Mbps which should be sufficient I would have thought?

If it’s stable at this speed and not wildly fluctuating, then yes, easily more than enough

If I could just stop listening to King Hannah I’d turn it off and on again.
:joy:

1 Like

Have you tried to restart your router first, wait, then restart the Nd555 and finally install again the app?

1 Like

I had exactly this problem as well on my ND555 with Qobuz. It was happening mainly at the end of tracks.

Anyway, today I uninstalled the NAIM app and re-installed it from the Apple App Store. It has instantly solved the problem and I hope it does the same for you.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the suggestions, a router restart followed by a ND555 shutdown seems to have solved the issues. Bliss is resumed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.