ND555 Firmware 3.7.1 Help

Hi,

I recently had the same issue with my ndx2.

In the end I simply had to unplug it as it was taking hours to complete it and couldn’t.

I plugged mine directly into the router, did a factory reset then upgraded the new firmware no issues at all took around ten mins

With the factory reset you will need to hold down play and input selector buttons (the 2 middle buttons on the front panel) whilst plugging into the mains. This was advised by Naim.

Kind regards,
Tony

Hi @STREAMER i am not sure if this is exactly the same as removing power didn’t fix it.

I have had a couple of incomplete updates in the early days that necessitated complete power downs before they completed. My one didn’t respond to that or to the factory reset process you described. I’m not sure if @decnaim ended up trying that or not.

I’m in the beta tester group so have been through a number of “unusual” states with updates and this one was a new one on me.

I don’t know what made me single press the power button and I’m not sure why it worked. I don’t see it anywhere in the advice from Naim.

I have passed it up the line to the Naim staff on the forum.

1 Like

Hope you get it sorted. Things like this are very frustrating to say the least.

Kind regards,
Tony

Hi John and Tony,

I tried the technique kindly recommended by david, alas no success. I also tried a factory reset, again no Joy.

When I followed John’s recommendation thankfully it worked. I was beginning to get worried!

Thanks very much John for passing on the findings to Naim. I have kept a screenshot of your instructions in case, I encounter difficulties with future firmware updates.

Thanks to DB, David,John and Tony for all your collective advice👍

Decnaim

Glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Tony

Warning on this update. Since I updated I lost tha ability to read several of my local files through usb connection. Most of the issue relates to several of my Hi Res 24/192 flac which I cannot read any more. Some other 24/96 are affected as well but less so.

I have contacted naim support for help and possibly donwgrading to 3.6

Please wait before updating.

Do they contain characters like “&”?

in my case when the files dont start they dont start whatever the way I try to access. more often they are hi res 24/192 flacs but not only

That seems different then

happed since updated to 3.7.1 about 20% of His Res files seems affected.

It’s odd, the update has been out for quite a while and I don’t think anybody else posted about being affected. Wondering what’s different about your files, hopefully Naim can figure it out quickly

It seems that this update was released 2 weeks ago. only upgraded yesteday.

True, but 3.7.1 was minor and supposed to be touching only this:
· HTTPS radio playback
· Spotify Connect reconnection
· M3U playlist playback via USB

Seems odd it would have an effect on hires files. Did you have 3.7.0 before that? This was a larger update but been out for several weeks

dont’ think so. probably updated from 3.6 to 3.7.1 directly

1 Like

Are you sure the streamer has finished scanning the USB drive before you try to access the music? This can take a while, and of course longer with larger hi-res files, so it could be that you just need to leave it a bit longer.

don’t think so. If I copy the album which cannot be read on a usb stick with nothing less it does not read it

it is seen but cannot read

I suggest everyone to go through his whole library of local music to check.

Let’s not panic. Most people don’t play from USB - would be interesting if you have the issue when playing from an UPnP server.

I don’t panic. I am just investigating to understand. I have the system for more than 2 years. I have always played Hi Res from a local usb hardrive and it was working very fine from a musical standpoint with all albums being playable pending they are in the proper format (some issues with album display). Now it is very different.

Coud be that people with UPnP server don’t have the same issue.