ND555 Firmware 3.7.1 Help

in my case when the files dont start they dont start whatever the way I try to access. more often they are hi res 24/192 flacs but not only

That seems different then

happed since updated to 3.7.1 about 20% of His Res files seems affected.

Itā€™s odd, the update has been out for quite a while and I donā€™t think anybody else posted about being affected. Wondering whatā€™s different about your files, hopefully Naim can figure it out quickly

It seems that this update was released 2 weeks ago. only upgraded yesteday.

True, but 3.7.1 was minor and supposed to be touching only this:
Ā· HTTPS radio playback
Ā· Spotify Connect reconnection
Ā· M3U playlist playback via USB

Seems odd it would have an effect on hires files. Did you have 3.7.0 before that? This was a larger update but been out for several weeks

dontā€™ think so. probably updated from 3.6 to 3.7.1 directly

1 Like

Are you sure the streamer has finished scanning the USB drive before you try to access the music? This can take a while, and of course longer with larger hi-res files, so it could be that you just need to leave it a bit longer.

donā€™t think so. If I copy the album which cannot be read on a usb stick with nothing less it does not read it

it is seen but cannot read

I suggest everyone to go through his whole library of local music to check.

Letā€™s not panic. Most people donā€™t play from USB - would be interesting if you have the issue when playing from an UPnP server.

I donā€™t panic. I am just investigating to understand. I have the system for more than 2 years. I have always played Hi Res from a local usb hardrive and it was working very fine from a musical standpoint with all albums being playable pending they are in the proper format (some issues with album display). Now it is very different.

Coud be that people with UPnP server donā€™t have the same issue.

Telling the whole forum not to update because of whatā€™s at this point an unknown issue that may well be only affecting you, for whatever reason, is a bit on the panicky side. In particular as peopleā€™s Tidal accounts will stop working in ~5 weeks if they donā€™t update.

Hi @ericvanbelle

Could you email me ( steve.harris(at)naimaudio.com ) and ideally supply a reference to one of the files that donā€™t play any more. Weā€™ll then analyse what is going on and advice, or fix accordingly.

Best

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Lttd.

1 Like

maybe very different if you donā€™t have local files I agree. But since you probably cannot downgrade be sure of your needs.

I do understand your pain, but like I said nobody else posted something like this at least as far as I recall. Gladly Steve already stepped in and Iā€™m sure will sort it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.