ND555, NAC552DR and SuperLumina "Full Loom", all at once!

I’ve heard this works. I don’t know. It would be easy to compare but I never get round to it. I just muted the bottom row a few years ago and forgot about it.

1 Like

I like the cable arrangement. Well done.

1 Like

When it’s all run in try the 552 above the 555.

The cable dressing was kind of a puzzle :laughing:

• the cables never touch each other
  • the cables never touch the rack
  • the cables never touch the aluminium structure
  • the cables never touch the floor, except for the Power Lines
  • the cables are never parallel, except for the NAC’s snaic and burndy which are running parallel but never touching each other (1 cm foam between them)
  • the speaker cables are suspended and as far as possible from the rest of the cabling.
2 Likes

An “equation with no solution,” right?

I’m sure there are threads on the old Forum which support the notion that a 552 can take up to 3m’s to reveal its true potential. Also, the received wisdom is that it likes some space around it within the stack - although, as Bart alludes, getting to this point even with Fraim stacks isn’t easy.

@Bart
@HappyListener

Indeed, it’s like trying to square the circle.
With HiFi there aren’t solutions, only compromises

But the cabling was kind of an achievement :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ve broken a few promises to myself, including a promise to stick to one Fraim stack. I now have a second Fraim base, and waiting for a couple more levels. But I’m still not giving “extra room” to boxes.

Looks great Tomser, and I bet it sounds even better! Enjoy.

Stu.

1 Like

Very nice looking system and i love the room! What speakers are you using? I like the size and they must be great if you are using with that system!

Hi Thomas,

Yes the speakers are very nice, they produce amazing mids and highs which is great for the music I enjoy. Mostly classical (chamber music) and some jazz. The speakers are Jean-Marie Reynaud “Abscisse” (Mk I). The details of my system are in my public profile.

Hi @Thomas – great system! What kind of rack is that? Looks sharp.

It’s a Schroers & Schroers Charisma Audio, to which I added a glass door. It’s german brand, located in Berlin.

1 Like

My ND555, and the rest of the new system (NAC552DR and all Super Lumina cabling), has now ~480 hours running in. I guess most of the improvements have been done. No more harshness or dullness as it has sometimes occurred at the very beginning. Everything is now quite smooth and very enjoyable.

Comparing to what I had before the improvements are über huge! To be honest, I was not expecting that. More of everything, really, such as clarity, accuracy, precision, timing, separation of instruments and, above all, this particular feeling that music flows easily. It becomes hard to focus on the “Hifi thing”, your mind is quite rapidly lost into music, without any listening fatigue.

As said previously, can’t wait for the NAP500DR :smiley:

1 Like

Wow what an upgrade, it will only improve with time…enjoy.

1 Like

Thomas most impressive indeed and well done to you.

Quick question the jumpers/link between the high and low on the JMR speakers have you gone for Super Lumina cable as well - something I’m looking into having just replaced my speaker cable with SL.

Enjoy your system.

Nice setup, also visually a treat - congratulations and enjoy…

Okay but what are the specific materials you used please? Given my many issues with cabling what you’ve done looks fantastic and I’d like to at least attempt to replicate it.

Hey Thomas, have you received the 500dr? I read also your post on the french forum, you were asking the differences between proac k6 or k8 vs Apertura Adamante. My dealer is selling both, in Versailles town. I would say that the Apertura are faster, airier and more disappearing. More refined too. The Proac have more body and bigger bass. Apertura don’t exaggerate the bass, so some people find that they lack bass. I don’t feel that.
Apertura are closer to your Abcisses vs Proac. You can come and listen ( but only 252/300). Have a good search.

1 Like

Hi

Having listen thoose 3 beautiful speakers (at the same Versailles dealer) several times, i would add that, for my ears, the Proacs (K6 and even more K8) are able to reveal soundstage that literally opens up and gains in depth… with them, each instrument becomes live, plastic, more realistic.

(I think that, last time, we met)