nDac: Digital source to match or outperform USB stick

After long dark winters, you will have the Afterdark clock to enlighten your days :joy:. After the dark.

1 Like

Chord Electronics 2Go / 2Yu combination can stream, and act as a ā€œminiNASā€, to output to any DAC, e.g. nDAC.

I have demod this combo with a TT2 and Dave this week, and I have ordered a 2Go & 2Yu .

Are you also getting a TT2 or Dave to replace your Hugo 2?

Keeping the Hugo2 with a 2Go for travelling & sitting in the garden (!), and I have finally confirmed my order for the Dave after reviewing that decision and re-demoing the TT2 (with / without Scaler) and Dave.

I was considering (even ordered) a Qutest but that would have needed a pre-amp - by keeping the box-count down it means that I can spend more per box (within budget).

Right now I have a TT2 on loan pending arrival of the Dave (and TT2 is good, esp for headphones).

So my main system will be three compact boxes (on a Fraim):- DCS-network bridgeā€”>Daveā€”> Etude, second is Atom with Neat Iotas. third is Qb2, ā€œNASā€ is 2Go/2Yu, and portable is Hugo2/2Go. Headphones Focal Elears (dekoni ear pads). I will update my profile soonā€¦

I have released capital and space by letting go of my old-fashioned Naim Classic system; should Naim modernise their range I will listen again (I loved the sound of my 252/SCDR)

Accessories include MusicWorks G3, EE8 switches, ENO filter, Powerlines, DC1 digital interconnects, Townshend Fractal XLRs, Kudos KS-1, Solidsteel SS6 stands. Farad Super 3 PS 5v. With S+S Brigadier Mu2 speakers.
A mix of dealer and careful eBay purchases.

2 Likes

Sounds like you did a thorough demo,and came up with whatā€™s best for you. I have thought about inquiring about the cost of trading in my Mscaler/TT2 on a Dave,since I rarely use headphones.Toonartist has me thinking that HQplayer can then replace the Mscaler,but the fact that I am not a computer whiz makes me a little apprehensive about that approach.

Yes - I drove ā€˜myā€™ dealer mad, and made a final decision on an all-day Tuesday after a 400 mile round trip to their demo room with my streamer and speakers and there they set them up within an equivalent system, including accessories. My music on my 2Go with their 2Yu - after ā€œmatureā€ music I rocked out with some Chili Peppers tracks to close the day ā€¦

There are a few options now for upscaling, of which there are the device-based (MScaler, Auralic, DCS) and the software-based (HQP, roon), although they are all a combination of hardware and software- the MScaler is easy to set up.

I couldnā€™t afford both Dave & Scaler, and the digital pre in the Dave seems better than itā€™s better-looking younger TT2 brother .

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.