Ndac update

Hello everybody.
can someone help me understand the procedure of updating the ndac chin?
I know there is also a procedure to see which firmware is installed.
thank you very much to everyone

Itā€™s worth reading through this.
https://www.naimaudio.com/news/21751/dsd-playback-now-available-naim-audio-dacs

ok thanks Iā€™ll try to readā€¦

1 Like

Thereā€™s also a way to check the firmware version if you have an iPod/iPhone. Youā€™ll have to scroll toward the bottom on the chain.

1. Power up the nDac.
  2. Plug your iThing into the front panel ā€˜USBā€™ port - you have to make sure that the iThing is ā€œdockedā€ (press the dock button if it isnā€™t)
  3. On the iThingy, go to Settings/General/About and scroll down a bit until you see Naim Dac. click on that and youā€™ll see the firmware revision - latest is 4.11.8.
3 Likes

Hi,

it is important to disconnect the power cable from the dac and the power supply for a few minutes, the time to empty the dac buffer. Before proceeding with the update.

ok thanks a lot Iā€™ll try to do it

Let us know how you get on @tarantina5555. Iā€™ve owned one from new so Itā€™s about time I did the update too :smile:

Hello @tarantina5555. I did the upgrade last night. Very easy and the process was straightforward. Have you had the chance to do the firmware upgrade yet? need a hand?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.