nDAC & XPS 2

I made the various steps over time: nDAC, then XPS, then two powerlines and then DR update for XPS2. Each step has always improved the sq.
do not hesitate and over time add two powerlines as well: nDAC maintains power for the digital sections and the clock

Same experience here - although I have not got round to DR on the XPS2 yet. A treat in store!

do it as soon as you can, the leap forward is really very appreciable. It takes about two weeks always on to stabilize, at the beginning the bass is very present but with little balance, then everything settles down and I can’t imagine how a 555PS can still improve the system

The digital section of DAC chip and the clock are powered from the external PSU.

A clean power supply to the clock is critical. I wouldn’t be surprised if power to the clock is from a dedicated Capacitor/regulator in the PSU.

I’ve used an olive XPS on the Ndac, sound quality wasn’t improved that much.

1 Like

I had nDac + Nait XS + HiCap when adding a preloved 555 to the nDac.
As far as I remember there was an uplift in sound quality, but not as big as to justify the outlay in the context of the system.
I knew I would upgrade the rest of the system over the years, so the 555 was justified in a way, but in case you stick with your amp, I‘m not sure a power supply for the nDac is the best investment.

1 Like

This is my next step. Glad to hear adding another Powerline improves things even more.

Please let us know how you get on ?

Good luck

KR
R

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.