NDS and ReadyNAS Duo V2

Switch off the LMS server on the ReadyNAS duo interface, you will need to download a copy of the RaidAR software that you can download it from the Netgear website.

You need to enable TLS support

"SSL 3.0 is not the same as TLS 1.3, and it’s not advisable to have it enabled. To set the protocols to be used for secure connections,

1. Press Windows key + R to open a Run box, type control and press Enter.
  2. Find Internet Properties and open the dialogue.
  3. On the Advanced tab, scroll down to the Security section and select TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.3. The other protocols (SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1) should not be selected.

The older protocols are no longer considered safe and you would be well advised to avoid any websites that still use them."

The older ReadyNAS will take 2Tb drives as a maximum, backed up in Raid, I have three of these devices. They are old and slow compared to newer devices, but do the job.

Regards

DJH

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately setting up the Duo was too much faffing around, so I purchased the 102…like the one owned by Simon-in-Suffolk. It was a breeze to set up an is sounding fabulous. My next move will likely be, replacing the cisco switch with something better and find a way to stream Qobuz via the NDS.

1 Like

good to hear its working for you - you don’t mention what switch using - but many of the aging Cisco Catalyst models like the venerable 2960 are pretty good for audio streaming… especially into Naim streamers.

I m using the cisco 2960.

I use a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 with the Pro 2 elements (bonded dual Ethernet ports mainly), for my main music library, so it can be accessed by my Roon Core and also my Asset UPnP server, which runs on a RPi2. The Asset server predated the Roon system, but I keep the Asset server as a backup.
The ReadyNAS units are great, IMO, as networked file store under both CIFS and NFS with Rsync based Backup jobs to other NAS units.
I am not running the 3 ReadyNAS units I have (Ultra2/Pro2, Ultra and Duo v1) at 6.x firmware but the earlier 4.x versions, as I just need them as Networked file store devices and not running any applications outside Samba, CIFS, NFS & Rsync which are standard Unix services.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.