NDS connectivity issues terrible since 4.8 upgrade

Hey Mike - I forgot to do it last time it froze (yesterday) but thanks for reminding me - will do it next time, which shouldn’t be too far away! Or, should I just do it now while it’s working or do you suggest logging out and shutting everything down then log back in when everything has been restarted? Cheers!

I’d try logging in and out of Tidal first, then try deleting your Naim app and reinstalling it, if that hasn’t worked.

If all is working good now, better of course leave it as it is.

1 Like

Hi Simon - I hope you don’t mind my bothering you. Regarding this issue I’ve been having with the nds as above, I’ve just had a semi-breakthrough (?) today and wonder if it gives any further info as to where the problem might lie. I went to start an album on tidal and as usual nothing happened (nds screen says the usual ‘connecting…please wait’. I tried logging out of tidal as Mike suggested but this didn’t help. Tried iradio - same ‘connect…’ as per tidal. For the first time I wondered whether I could still stream from my hdx - yes. I then flipped back to tidal and had another go - it worked again. Any thoughts what might be going on here. Many thanks.

No idea really… not if you are using dhcp on both players. Does the NDS now work ok?

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated. The same inability to connect when streaming tidal will happen again, but at least i have another option to get things going again without switching the nds off/on. Cheers again.

There’s also the possibility to connect a usb stick on the front panel of the Nds, with some hires on it. You don’t need Ethernet, IPad….just use the Nds remote. It sounds even better than Tidal.

Hi FR - thanks for that suggestion. just out of curiosity, where do you get (download) your hires from? tricky to obtain down here in nz. cheers

Hi @Django84

If you need some help to work out what is going on, email me (steve.harris(at)naimaudio.com) and lets arrange a teamviewer session to get your NDS into logging mode so we can see what is going on.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

1 Like

Hi Django84 and Stevesky

Would it be possible to post whatever you find out from your team viewer session? I’m having a similar problem with my NDX and Tidal since the update.

Thanks!

Hi @palmereldritch72

Feel free to email me as well - I would not be too surprised if each case will be unique. Just want to sanity check we don’t have an issue with the Tidal OAuth code in this release.

Best

Steve

Watching with interest as had same problem (another app connected) with my NDS last few days and could only get tracks to play by powering down the NDS. I did the 4.8 upgrade a few weeks ago. It’s intermittent/occassional, not every time.

You can buy albums or files on Qobuz, Bandcamp, or HDTRACKS.

… check out HighResAudio, (www) they’re a German outfit, very professional in all they do & in Europe pricing is on par & usually below HDT.

1 Like

Hi Mike - thanks for that. Just had a look - unfortunately, they won’t allow streaming in nz and like HDtracks, many downloads/albums are blocked. Not sure what we’ve done down here, but they don’t want our business! I guess there’s a whole lot of legal/copyright-type of background stuff. Many thanks for your input - I’ll keep an eye on things.

1 Like

will keep you posted

1 Like

I see via google that you can download albums in hires from Qobuz and 7 digital in New Zealand. @Mike_S should know better here.

1 Like

Ah-ha, didn’t know that. Cheers!

1 Like

I only stream hires from Qobuz, I haven’t tried a download purchase, as such.

1 Like

Strange,
I always assumed it was legal licensing stuff that was applied to global regions, Europe, Oceana etc. It applies to me when at home-2 in SA & I use a VPN if needed.
If you can get Qobuz but not HighResAudio in NZ & Aus, somethings wrong somewhere.