NDS : continuing problems

OK I will give it a go. Any suggestions for a switch that i can buy on ebay? I see CISCO is the preferred brand…I need it to plug and play

What ISP are you with, do you still have the router (hub) they give out?
Modern ISP hubs are very capable devices, my BT HH6 (SmartHub) is as good as any.

I live in Sweden and they do not give the router. I use an Asus RT-AC87U

As he has already said earlier in the thread at least once…

The least complicated and perfectly satisfactory switch is the Netgear GS105. You will find there are all sorts of threads recommending CISCO switches but there are as many threads about getting them to work. The Netgear GS105 and GS108 etc are cheap and just work when you turn them on.

As regards a router, there are lots of options and they all of them will meet the needs of this undemanding requirement.
Best
David

Can’t you just try by using the switch built into your router, to test? Even if you have less devices connected temporarily.

There’s no point In buying another switch if it transpires that the switch is not the cause of your issues.

Yes, as per my post above! Just try to stream to your mobile phone high res data. If this works reliably, you know that the culprit is likely to be the NDS. Where are you located in Sweden? I was in Gothenburg a few weeks ago, great concert hall and very good HiFi dealers! Good luck, nbpf

Thanks I actually meant the router. The challenge is that this is an intermittent fault so the only proof is if I can not get it to work with the mobile.

I had similar problems with a NDX, Netgear GS105 switch, Synology NAS and Minimumserver. Turned out that the switch was the problem even though it was functioning perfectly for LAN file transfers etc. Obviously don’t know if that applies in this case, only way to find out is to substitute another switch.

That was my experience too, but oddly only with the later generation 24/192 streamer board on the NDX. Glad I wasn’t the only one!

Changing to the managed version (GS105E-200UKS) resolved the issues for me.

I am very happy with AVM routers, I currently use a FRITZ!Box 7490. Have you tried bypassing the switch and connecting the NDS (or the server, or both) directly to the router? Have you looked at the logs of your router? Have you looked at the MinimServer logs? Since the issues are intermittent, you can perhaps discover some correlations by looking at the different logs. Good luck, nbpf

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.