NDS Radio problem

Performing well till yesterday when radio stopped When you select pre set station it asks you to reconnect press ok no sound When you select Radio symbol as usually it gives all station Eg naim choices the screen is blank There is a good internet signal as it states connected tried going wireless again Rebooted switching on for a few minutes finally a factory reset still nothing Plays cd fine also digital inputs ok The only way I can listen is via multi room with my Mu so Thanking anyone with advice being nearly 70 it’s not easy Tom

Try to restart your router first. Wait until Ethernet is back. Then switch off the nds then switch on. ( the power supply if it’s the NDS).
Should work.

Thanks for advice have tried that still nothing Tom

Turn off the router and the NDS. Wait a minute. Turn on the router. Let it fully fire up. Turn on the NDS. It should now work. If you have a switch then turn it on once the router is up, then start the NDS once the switch is up.

Is your firmware up to date? The latest is version 4.7. There have been various updates affecting iRadio over the years, so it’s possible that an old version might cause problems.

Thanks for help I followed step by step suggestions but no joy Tom

The firmware is 4.6 so this may be an issue but this firmware I have had for quite a while Thanks Tom

Tom, when you say it plays CD fine, what exactly do you mean, as the NDS has no CD playing option? Do you mean streaming from your Nas? Have you tried deleting the Naim app and reloading it?

I can’t promise that 4.7 will resolve your problem, but there were a couple of iRadio fixes in it, and some other stuff, so probably worth doing anyway.

Sorry I meant streaming from my uniticore Yes I have on 2 occasions still nothing What happens when you select pre set station it says re connect then nothing Then if you choice radio as normally the lists appear again a blank screen Thanks for all your help Tom

Hi all, I am new to this forum and new to Naim, so I apologise if this is a basic question. Purchased my new Naim Qb 2nd Generation Unit just a week ago. Delighted with it but when I select Internet Radio on the App, I only get the Naim Preset stations. There is no list of internet stations appearing for me to select and convert to my Favourites. Have I done something wrong, is it an App issue or any other suggestions? Thanks.

The iRadio fixes in 4.7 were quite obscure issues to do with a low bitrate BBC World Service stream, so I really think it’s extremely unlikely that a sudden failure of the NDS to work on iRadio at all would be fixed by a switch to 4.7!

Added to which one of my Superunitis is still on 4.6 and iRadio works fine. I just checked a few Naim Choice stations and they are all playing.
Best

David

Thanks for your comments as I said this radio loss happened overnight I have a Virgin internet fibre and internet is superb so it cannot I assume not being an issue I am at a loss I at present multi room radio via my muso Thanks Tom

Hi still no joy but I notice on theNaim muso I have the lay out of Radio mode is different to before is this the same on The NDS Perhaps may be a reason ?i intend to phone Naim Thank you all for your support Tom

I phoned Naim who also don’t know o well keep trying Tom

Hi @Taw84641254

Can you let me know the name of the station you are trying to listen to? Also if the problem is on all stations or just some.

Best

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

Hi Steve The preset stations when selected says connecting then nothing The radio logo when pressed a continuous spinning circle appears Buffer 0%I have loaded latest software on The internet is wired and NDS states connected I have tried wireless I have turned NDS off and internet once booted up then put NDS on The UPnp works fine via my uniticore My 2 mu so’s connected to radio ok I am using a apple I pad to select Thank you for your help Tom

• List item Hi Steve Did you get my reply re NDS radio problems on the forum Thanks Tom[quote=“Stevesky, post:18, topic:8173, full:true”]
    Hi @Taw84641254

Can you let me know the name of the station you are trying to listen to? Also if the problem is on all stations or just some.

Best

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.
[/quote]

Hi Tom,
To break this one down try the following:

1. Use the remote control of the product see if you can browse internet radio. So on the remote, press radio (pick IRadio) then browse the menu to Naim’s Choice. Let me know if its browsable and if any of the stations play.

2. If no - then we have a network issue (most likely DNS - I’ll talk you through it).

3. If it does work, using the remote control try loading presets via the number keys. If they all fail then we have a preset corruption problem. I’ll talk you through how to set them back up.

Best regards

Steve

Hi Steve I Selected radio on remote radio comes up you can not browse it then switches to on of the presets says connecting then nothing I am not tech minded but on fing when you try to wake up on lan the messages states NDS has no MAC address when you type in manually the address again states woke up but nothing Thank you for yout kindness and understanding Tom