Nds vs Dcs Bartok

You want to open minds ? Whouah, you are such an important person. I didn’t knew. Lol.

Well agree, if you run naim amps then you really need naim pre, to get the combination to work its best, pointless not doing this, if you want more then change the source to get what you want, thats certainly the better way to do it and by far the easiest.
I for one would not use my 500dr with another make pre, the pair are just magnificent together

Pointless for some, open minding for others.

I can’t be bothered to play along with your games today, you win

No I didn’t think you were, though you were saying you didn’t want tgem because they would tempt you to play with them - I was just suggesting that’s not very different from trying different cables, except cable involve additional cost (and fiddling), whereas the swapping of filters is free, and simple - but with both cables and filters you can simply pick one and stick with it, never try another, never swap, so having a choice of filters available need not be the negative temptation to play with them as you suggested - it is not a reason for disliking the DACs, just an attitude of mind!

1 Like

Yes, I understand. But I have read elsewhere that some change the filters depending on the albums they are playing. Using them as tone controls , in some way.
Knowing me, I would be tempted to wonder of that, if you understand me.

I’m delighted with mine. And it seems to avoid the flak that other brands attract :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.