NDX 2, how to know if network connected?

I will be getting my NDX 2 tomorrow. I have read the manual on the site, but can’t find the answer. The ND5 XS2 has a light which is orange if the streamer is not connected to the network, and it turns green when it is connected to a network.

How do you know if the NDX2 is connected to a network? Do the lights around the buttons turn orange? Or, you just have to do the obvious and try to play Internet radio?

1 Like

In the app and when you set it up it does a network check…

1 Like

You can check the network settings via the main display with the remote to navigate, you’ll need to do this anyway when you’re setting up from new

1 Like

The ND5XS2 is the only streamer without a front panel display, and you might reasonably assume that the NDX2 screen would tell you if no network was detected. In practice, it doesn’t, and you can navigate its menu, only to find that nothing works if there is no connection.
The Naim app will not find the streamer if it has no network connection, although you may initially see some cached information that seems to come trom the streamer.

1 Like

Thanks for the information guys! I’ll know all is well in a few hours.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.