NDX 2 volume control

The NDX2 uses Zigbee not Bluetooth for remote control. Zigbee is far more effective for ultra low power radio transmission.
I find the Zigbee remote a great improvement over the old IR remotes on the legacy streamers.

2 Likes

The Bluetooth in the NDX2 and later NDX is nothing to do with the remote, which as Simon says, uses Zigbee. You are probably right about system automation being required for NAC volume control though, unless you use the preamps own remote.

1 Like

I stand corrected. Monday evening brain after a long day.

There are just too many flaws with the NDX2 remote for me. The corners are sharp on the bottom so it feels cheap, it is not tactile in the hand, the front shows more finger prints than an iPhone and constantly needs cleaning, the light stays on for just 3 seconds, you can’t select a different input unless you can see the screen, which is further complicated in you have to have all inputs enabled if you want the best sound, so you have to scroll through them all to get to the one you want. Thankfully the App is improving, although not perfect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.