NDX can't connent to router via wired ethernet

Thanks for all Gents,

First, I had done factory reset several times. This also is the dealer suggestion.
Secondly, the cat5 cable is only 3meters.

I do think my NDX has software or hardware problem, not the setup issue.
Just hope someone knows how to slove it.
I also found one person had the same problem in the Naim Forum, but didnot have the final result.

Best regards
Willis

I also think my NDX has problem.

I take it the network port is actually working on the NDX - do you see any activity on the two small LED lights that are either side of the port when your Ethernet cable is plugged in ?

Both 2 LED lights are on, and the blinking one its rate is not as usual.

See section 4.5.

Do you have a DHCP setting of “YES”

Yes, of course. I did many research and I am familiar with NDX configuration now.

Why not take it to your dealer ? (or someone who has a streamer thats working OK)
If it works on the dealer network, the problem is with your network. If it doesn’t work & the dealer gets the same problem as you, it needs to go back to Naim.

Mike he did it the other way round. If you read back to the beginning of the thread, his mate’s NDX works fine in the OP’s house, so seems probably a hardware issue, although as Simon mentions to be completely sure you would need to check the firmware versions of both NDXs.
Best
David

I had seen that post David, I just thought getting back to reality (basics) might be worth a shot.
Re the firmware question, yes it might be something to eliminate, but I’m not sure from what I remember of NDX firmware revision’s (including the beta’s) changed much w.r.t. DHCP.

The LAN port on the NDX are all 8 pins in line and free from dirt?

My NDX firmware is the latest 4.7 version, my friend’s NDX worked well via enthenet at my home. I think maybe the network card driver was lost.

NDX actually can detect the enthenet cable. it knows the cable was connected.

It does look like your NDX may be the problem, but to help eliminate any network problems, can you tell us what your router/DHCP server is? Also, is the NDX wired directly to it, or via a switch or any other LAN hardware?

I appreciate this but can you check the pins

OK, so why not take it to your dealer as I suggested, they can test & confirm that they can replicate the same problem, then they can send to Naim for repair.

maybe it helps to flash the 4.7 firmware again? Maybe something went wrong when flashing it the first time?

But I guess it will not help an you really need to send it to the naim support.

Thanks for all your helps. NDX connects router directly. I also checked the RJ45 connector pins one by one by multimeter.
I also flashed the 4.7 firmware more than 2 times.
As I am outside UK and the WiFi connection is working, so I didnot send it back to Naim for service. And hope someone knows how to slove the issue.
Thanks for all the helps.

The usual way to clear any settings that are causing a problem would be to do a factory reset via the front panel display menu. If that doesn’t work, I think you will need to ask Naim support.

He has tried that several times. See posts 20 from Steve Harris and his 21 in response.

I think it’s a hardware fault, but whether it’s worth sending it back to be repaired, as the WiFi connection works and he is not in UK, is another matter.

Best

David

I do think the NDX has problem. As the wifi connection works, I didnot go to check with local dealer.
Thanks for all your supports!