NDX + hicap + nSats + what?

This might be a slightly odd post, so sorry about that! I have just snapped up an old/new stock NDX for a most bargainous price - already have nSats on wall and a spare hicap - this is in the loft where I currently am using the SBLs and unitiqute to listen to while I work.

My plan is to relocate the uq and SBLs to go in the living room (not the one with the main system)

The question is what to use to amplify the ndx (and there is a chance I will relocate the lp12 upstairs too). Not in a hurry to buy anything (January’s tax bill is a wallet wilter) but i don’t really know what to consider. Was thinking olive shoe box pre/power but don’t know where to start thinking about it. Any suggestions? Probably wouldn’t go 102/180 as I have already done that (my first naim) and it would be more fun to try something different. Something that the hicap will improve

NAIT XS. The first one.

1 Like

Why not keep it simple, get a Supernait 2 and sell the Hicap. If you want olive then get a 72 and a 140.

1 Like

I agree with HH, the SN2 is great buying now. I’d keep the HiCAP with it though and try it with and without.

1 Like

Yep SN2, it will make you want to sell the main system! You don’t know what you’ve been missing Tim! :joy:

2 Likes

Well that would be an interesting outcome! I have never heard a Supernait of any number

Thanks for the advice - will have to wait a while before I can make any moves so I have the time to watch the market

2 Likes

I have been reading through the SN2vSN3 thread. Interesting stuff!

1 Like

FWIW Tim, I ran a SN2 with NDX and enjoyed the experience. It can make for a lovely 2 box system, add the hi-cap and do a comparison, some folks like it with, some without. If you like it you still have a lovely 3 box system. There should be a few SN2’s on the used market place with the number of SN3’s being picked up.

Good luck with your decision.

1 Like

And that’s the way you want to keep it! In a loft or anywhere else in the house for that matter, fast and supple is what you want, like the original Nait XS before Naim gussied it up. If the original XS was a car it would be Lotus Elan 2+2, not some throbbing Rover V8.

1 Like

If you want olive shoebox, the 72/140 is it.

If you don’t mind one full size olive, 72-Hicap-250 is the way to go.

Yes, thank you. I had identified 72 as best olive pre potential. Used to have a 250 with my 102 and then 52

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.