NDX still relevant?

I can’t comment, just going by the comments of other users who find the SQ different not necessarily better. I would expect the SQ to be better for reasons you’ve stated. I know I compared the SU to the Nova and didn’t find a significant difference in SQ in a comparable setting.

Just to add, I had an NDX for a few months in 2020 (traded along with sn3 to help fund upgrades in main system). I really liked it - got qobuz working through it using the mconnect app on my phone. I would have no hesitation in getting another if funds were too low to get ndx2

Best to do a demo if you can.
You can probably find a used nDAC for less than either the NDX or Qutest.

Sure I guess we shouldn’t confuse a higher performance automatically being preferable for everyone.

Random Q please - when you were streaming Qobuz did the artist / track info appear on the NDX screen please ?

Don’t suppose you were using ROON too at all?

Never used roon. Sadly do not know what was displayed - the ndx was in a cabinet and not on open view. Sorry :grimacing:

1 Like

When I stream Qobuz via bubble in my UQ1 it shows in the screen

(Just check out that bright screen too! Painful bright after service)

2 Likes

@Ronmaik
I see you went for the Hi-Cap for your XS2.
Any decisions on the DAC?

Hi Brandon.
Definitely yes. I bought the Chord Qutest DAC and the difference is WOW!
Glad that I made this choice.
I am sure that the Hicap will not bring same results but I just wanted to be on the safe side… knowing that for now my equipment is set.

Thank you for asking
Ron

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.