NDX & SUPERNAIT Thread

Certainly are, I always enjoy catching up with them and he has always given me sound and trustworthy advice.

Ouch, pricing is certainly moving into the challenging territory.

So @timbre, how’s the NDX2 sounding out of the box?

So is this what Welcome to the Machine is suppose to sound like? :tumbler_glass:

Stunning Mike, I am finally understanding the difference a source like NDX 2 can make to low volume playback. In my room the SN 2 will not really ever go above 10ish. So much detail, my ears are still off after a bad cold so my hearing is not 100% but difference is immediate.

Speakers in their mid 20’s are having a great time!

Need some bookshelf’s for Atom in office but after that its cables and speakers for main system. I really want to get that right, Tribe Towers have a commanding position at the moment but I don’t want to rush into any speaker decisions.

1 Like

Thank you!
I have a Hicap, but I will enjoy some time SN all naked.

The feet are “Avid Isopuck”

1 Like

Good idea, I heard from my dealer that HiCap made a significant improvement to SN. It will be great to hear how you find the SN naked vs. with HiCap.

Thanks re feet, much appreciated.

1 Like

@Bjm how’s the SN3 sounding then?

Very good so far. I would say that the bass is slightly tighter and the midband makes female voices a bit more realistic. Not massive differences and difficult to imagine if the changes are similar to what you have achieved by adding PSUs to your NDX2 and SN2.

It is definitely a worthwhile upgrade for me because it only cost a few hundred pounds as my SN2 was so new. I won’t be using the phono stage so that is not a factor for me.

It is still very early but having listened to the headphone section briefly I find a slight improvement in terms of control. The SN2 sounded very nice but the SN3 adds a bit more weight (with control) to the bass.

When I first got the NDX2 and SN2 it was very obvious how great the system was at transients and timing - the SN3 seems to be better in this respect yet the transients stand out less if that makes sense. I find myself appreciating the music a little more and not concentrating on the Hifi aspects. Please bear in mind that my NDX2 and SN2/3 system is only a few months old so I am still getting used to it.

I am very happy with my Naim system and while not wholly necessary to update to SN3 the price was a no brainer.

3 Likes

Sounds wonderful, well done and a good choice with the close pricing that you achieved. A nice lift in control and timing is always a great thing!

2 Likes

A friend already equipped Superlumina who has just passed the ND555 offers me a Hiline.
Do you think this cable works well between the NDX and the Supernait?

Totally, go ahead, the hi-line is a obvious upgrade.

1 Like

My current system is the NDX 2 > SuperNait and this afternoon I borrowed the dealer’s XPS for a demo over this 3 day holiday weekend. After setting it up and turning it on with the Patricia Barber ‘Cafe Blue’ album streaming from my NAS there was an immediate improvement in the music, clarity, deeper base, separation of instruments in a more defined soundstage.

Clearly this is an improvement over the bare NDX 2, which I already felt was fantastic, and will need to wrestle with the decision to part with cash to add the XPS to the rack permanently.

It has made my weekend a little brighter!

4 Likes

That’s the problems with home demos, they never go back. I noticed the same by adding the XPS to my 272. It didn’t go back to the dealer and now sits comfortably in my rack. :hugs:

2 Likes

That’s why the dealers let us have home demos :thinking:

1 Like

True, and happy Father’s Day :+1:

1 Like

Back at yah.

1 Like

I assumed it’s Father’s Day in NZ as well.

1 Like

All home demos should come with a wealth warning :grin:

1 Like

Yes, been a bit spoiled. Cuppa in bed, spa then BBQ breakfast. Diverted to work for 3 hours to commission a new pedestrian crossing (where the school boy died a few months ago). BBQ lunch (first day of Spring), gardening, another spa, jump into pool (very cold), time for a beer then reheated takeaways from Moms birthday last night (for today). Then I think some relaxing music.

1 Like

My dealer, “I’ll send you a mains noise meter, just take a look at the readings”… $3K later…

1 Like