NDX Update

Quick question. Can I update my NDX from version 4.4 straight to 4.7 or do I have to install 4.6 first?

You can go straight to 4.7

Thanks Mike.

1 Like

Hi
Are you referring to firmware versions? How do I check which version? What issues do latest versions address?

Yes NDX firmware. v4.7 has been the current firmware for a long while.
How to check, the easy way is with the Naim app, touch the Tools (gear wheel) at the right top screen, touch ‘About’ & that shows ‘Streamer Version’, this is firmware version

Suedkiez, what you’ve posted is v1.7 for server units & is not related to v4.7 ND & Uniti series streamer firmware.

Why not?

Now you’re post shows 4.7. The previous list you posted is for 1.7 server firmware … i.e. HDX, HDX-SSD, UnitiServe, UnitiServe-SSD

It’s a screenshot from the same link, you just have to scroll down on the webpage after clicking the link

No so, 1.7 is completely separate to & cannot be loaded on a streamer.

Hey, I clicked my link, https://www.naimaudio.com/updates, then I scrolled down and made the screenshot that I posted with the info about 4.7 for NDX and Uniti. I wouldn’t even know of a different link where I could find the 4.7 info and make the screenshot

Further down the page

Yes this is what I am saying.
Edit: and I might have posted a direct link to the 4.7 section if there was one in the HTML, but there isn’t, so what else was I supposed to do but post the link to the page itself, which puts you at the top and you have to scroll down?

We seem to be on the same page but singing different verses
The OP asked what 4.7 fixes, so lets just post that, this is the changes that 4.7 added

• Fixed: Some Tidal streams on the high quality setting with a .mp4 extension would fail to play
  • Fixed: Audio artefacts when playing MP3 56kb/s iRadio stations (BBC World Service)
  • Fixed: Glitches when playing iRadio station CJAD 800, Qobec
  • Fixed: d on Dirty Disk text capitalised (Uniti/Uniti2 only)
  • Fixed: Updating from older versions (v4.3.0 or older) will retain new features (DSD, Tidal etc.)

OK. I simply posted the link to the page where this information can be found. I believe it is commonly accepted that when going to a link helpfully provided by someone else, one might have to scroll to or search for the precise spot. (The fact that the forum software expands the link to show the top of the linked page inline in the comment is just how the forum software is).

It is astounding, by the way, how many questions get asked because people are not aware of the various support pages provided on naimaudio.com, the manual contents, and the FAQs in the forum.

It seems a surprising number of people have built in helplessness, cannot be bothered to research anything for themselves and so post a question expecting others to do the legwork for them. It’s always been thus. Back in the day it was ‘how do I connect my hicap?’, the answer to which was ‘read the f… manual’. Nowadays it’s ‘how do I use the app?’, ‘what software version am I on’? etc. You wonder how people manage to get out of bed and get dressed by themselves sometimes.

4 Likes

It requires work … :wink:

1 Like

If I’d known that I was associating with persons who had to dress themselves…

3 Likes

Blockquote
It seems a surprising number of people have built in helplessness, cannot be bothered to research anything for themselves and so post a question expecting others to do the legwork for them. It’s always been thus. Back in the day it was ‘how do I connect my hicap?’, the answer to which was ‘read the f… manual’. Nowadays it’s ‘how do I use the app?’, ‘what software version am I on’? etc. You wonder how people manage to get out of bed and get dressed by themselves sometimes.

I can and do read the manuals though. With some upgrades you have to do the intermediate updates first but it didn’t say one way or the other if you needed to when going from 4.4 to 4.7 but I thought I’d better check in case it ended up and RTB (or more accurately RTS). Not sure that particularly makes me lazy and getting people to do the leg work for me.