NDX2 and Supernait

Good to hear - what DAC stage were you using for the Sonos?

The built in one in the Sonos, RCA phono out to the Nait XS2. I often wondered if a separate DAC would help but held off on that because I figured I’d eventually end up with a ND5XS2

Yes thats would be a huge jump! Sonos analogue to SN1 DAC is a massive jump too, hence I wonder the impact to ND5XS2.

My dealer is confirming demo delivery - so I will be able to confirm too. Will also be testing the ND5XS2 as a digital transport to SN DAC, I am expecting the ND5XS2 sound better over analogue…but it is food for thought for a Wyred4sound Sonos upgrade.

Sounds like you are going through the same progression I went through. Give the ND5XS2 a few months to burn in then you’ll say “why didn’t I do this sooner”

To be fair I’m saying that already :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile: No worries. I get excited when I hear someone who has upgraded and I think back remembering how happy I was…

I’m going to give the NDX2 a listen as I think that seems a good match for the Supernait and will go from there. My Sonos is connected to the Supernait using optical - I assumed this would be best but haven’t tried alternatives - views welcome!

The only digital out on the NDX2 is coax, so you’ll want a BNC to RCA coax cable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.