NDX2 channel loss

My NDX2 was performing really well until yesterday when output ceased on the right hand channel. I’ve done the obvious checks by swapping leads and connecting to different input sockets on the preamp. But to no avail.
Purchased it locally and a technician from the dealer is due to visit next week.
However, any suggestions for the cause/solution of this problem would be appreciated.

It sounds like the ubiquitous relay problem which will need a repair. Have you tried the RCA outputs on the NDX2 ?

Yes, unfortunately as James points out i think you have a relay problem.

Thanks so much for that info. I’ll pass it on to my dealer who will arrange any repair under warranty.
Yes, James, I’ve been using RCA outputs but haven’t tried the 5-point DIN. Shall borrow a DIN to RCA cable to see what happens.
By the way, what exactly is a ‘relay problem’ and what is the cause?

PeterRuane

1m

Thanks so much for that info. I’ll pass it on to my dealer who will arrange any repair under warranty.
Yes, James, I’ve been using RCA outputs but haven’t tried the 5-point DIN. Shall borrow a DIN to RCA cable to see what happens.
By the way, what exactly is a ‘relay problem’ and what is the cause?

It means a relay has got stuck. Sometimes it can unstick with a power cycle, but replacement is usually best.

1 Like

Don’t know what a relay is, but I’m sure Naim will fix it.

It’s an electrically controlled switch, which in the application here is used to connect the signal to the selected output socket. Obviously I each for left and right. Also a pair for DIN and another pair for the RCA sockets, which is why people are suggesting try a DIN lead, because that might well work.

These relays should be very reliable but there have been one or more batches that turned out later not to be reliable when used in the way Naim uses them. Hence the reference to the “ubiquitous” relay problem.

Most interesting David. Many thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.