NDX2 connection to Hugo TT2

Hello,

I’m wanting to connect an NDX2 to my Hugo TT2.
Does anyone know what digital cable or analogue cables I need?

Cheers
Adam

Hi, you need a coaxial SPDIF cable, with BNC connectors.
Naim’s DC1 cable is an example of this. It’s fairly expensive and only comes in one standard length. It’s a good cable, but I’ve had good results with much cheaper cables such as a Mark Grant HDX1 and a Gotham cable.

Thanks, Chris.
So it’s a single cable? Not a double?

The NDX end looks like a single BNC output.
But the TT2 end looks like separate L and R BNC inputs?

Cheers
Adam

Ignore me. I’ve just realised the TT2 BNC has 2x single inputs. Not L and R. Whoops.

Cheers
Adam

1 Like

I use a single Naim DC1 (BNC) to connect my NDX2 to external DACs - including a TT2 in the past. The TT2 can take a dual BNC input from a Chord MScaler but that doesn’t apply in your case.

The DC1 can be picked up on auction and other listing sites - I have bought two more DC1s via these sites in the last week.

I used a short length of RG59 75ohm cable (1m length) terminated with BNC plugs

Any BNC to BNC cable will do.

1 Like

Look like the Canare BNC connectors. They provide a great fit. The Mark Grant cables use them as well.

2 Likes

Very good eyes, I can confirm this is a Mogami 2964 coaxial 75 ohm cable with Canare Gold BNC conectors.

As a start and for around £30 you cannot beat the Mark Grant HDX1 cable, I use a pair between an MScaler / Qutest, a single HDX1 BNC to BNC will be perfect for your NDX2.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.