NDX2 display question

Just got an NDX2. Too soon for Sonic impressions, but I have a question about the display. I had an Aurender unit that would scroll artist and track name on the display while streaming. Very useful I found. All I see on the NDX2 is album art. Is this all it does? Is there a setting to adjust what the display does?

Just album art and when you get near it the proximity sensor changes the display to show time lapses etc but it’s only temporary…

No proximity sensor on NDX2, the display is very limited and under utilised, you can toggle between album art and track info via the remote but it’ll always default to album art annoyingly, apart from that you can adjust settings via the home menu on the remote also

oh! i assumed as its on the uniti then it would follow suit - i stand corrected.

1 Like

As said it shows the album art or a genetic graphic if not available by default. You can toggle track info by the Zigbee remote, and it helpfully reverts back to album art after a short delay.
The display is great as a visual cue from listening position… and great piece of design in my opinion…
I guess because I love it’s design and how it operates that is why I bought it :grinning:

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone else finds it annoying that you can only toggle the display off and on within the AP. It would be nice if you could use the remote, like the NDX, to turn the display off and on. And I’d quite like it if you could keep the clock displayed for more than a few seconds too…

2 Likes

There is an irony in people now loving the display who formerly insisted that their Naim devices sounded better with the display off.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.