NDX2 Left Channel dead - DIN only

I had a similar problem with my Din-Din interconnect and the problem was in the cable. Left wire channel was unsoldered. I send it back to the manufacturer to fix the issue. Did you have another Din-Din cable to test it? Take a multimeter and check the continuity of your cable.

Itā€™s unfortunate, and I feel your frustration.

I canā€™t speak for Naim, but as I have some past experience here, the way I see it, as the warranty period has expired itā€™s very much down to the distributor here whether they wish to offer any goodwill when a fault occurs a few months outside of the warranty period. This is often where a good relationship with your original supplying dealer can sometimes pay dividends.

As an aside, 2 years warranty is quite normal and similar to most other territories. Even the UK is 2 years but with an additional limited 3 years if you register the unit with Naim at time of purchase. AFAIK there are a few other territories that offer a similar additional 3 year limited warranty extension, although each distributorā€™s terms and conditions may well differ.

1 Like

The problem is that how do you know the ā€œlocal service agentā€ will have any idea what to do? The recommended agent where I live is a complete (not funny) joke.
BUT - As others have asked - have you tried the original DIN cable the NDX2 came with?

Thanks everyone for the advice and best wishes.
I contacted the dealer I bought from who has advocated on my behalf with the distributor and they are willing to look at this under warranty it seemsā€¦as Richard suggested they might.

I had swapped the din cable from the witch hat I was using back to my original Naim DIN-DIN and the fault persisted. I am going to do one last check though to make sure I havenā€™t made a mistake.

May take me a bit of time to get the device in to repair. Iā€™ll let you know if there are any interesting developments.

A Good Result, hopefullyā€¦ Fingers Crossedā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I had the same problem with my NDX2 some time ago when it was approx. one year old. Both channels dead within one hour. Defective relays. Naim had issues with the supplier of the relays that time. It was well within warranty and Naim replaced the relays quickly.
I would expect Naim to find an acceptable solution for you here, since it is a known problem.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.