[NDX2] Sound-quality at lock and variable position

Great build! Nice speakers.

Do I garner from that that you heard a difference?

No, no difference. in the set MFA/camp-amp + NDX-2 as a source locked and variable there is no difference.

Hifi-dog say that at 100 no difference will be. When lower there should be. But i don’t notice that.

Ok, I think the use of a pre amp in the chain helps narrow the difference.

The MFA is a passive preamp. I’m no expert but I would have expected it to be pretty transparent to the source if it’s any good.

To answer your question; yes!

The variable output from the NDX2 is not the same as a pre out. Using it in variable mode will certainly be at a lower SQ than at fixed output.

Use it with its fixed output.

It is definitely correct to switched off the variable volume control as sound is obviously of lower quality. I did try a fair comparison.

There is definitely a difference between the two. If you are not hearing it then that is great for you and your set up. :+1:t2: I assume that the difference will be different depending on the gear and the situation involved.

I haven’t found much of a difference when using my headphone amp direct of my NDX2, when I use the variable sound control so that I have use of the remote control for volume on the headphones.

I’m going to retract my above post, after trying fixed output with the headphone amp again - it’s much better than the variable output.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.