NDX2 - switching off the front panel display for optimum sound quality during playback

I hear no difference, and having talked to Naim designers on the matter and compared to the first gen streamers they went to huge lengths to decouple electrical noise from the display from the rest of the system… both digital transport and analogue stages.

1 Like

I can hear no difference. I have also tried turning the lights out on my NAC-252 and I can’t detect a difference there either. I mostly leave the NDX2 display off (it’s more a distraction) and the NAC lights on.

1 Like

I use both an NDX2 and Linn Selekt DSM frequently and I have to say I think Linn did a better job with their display as it’s a text only OLED I can read easily at the other end of a room with between 4 and 5m between me and the screen. The NDX2 display I struggle to interpret unless I’m close up to it. It might be nice if there was a simple text only mode along the same lines as the Selekt, I might use it more then as I do reference the Selekt display often. I’ve never found any value in having cover art crammed on to a tiny screen the other end of a listening room.
The other good thing on the Linn box is the light is on the top so it’s not a visual distraction late at night.
I enjoy them both a lot and they sound quite different to each other but the Selekt is somewhat easier to live with.

1 Like

I thought the screens kept freezing and turned themselves off … sorry, poor taste :grinning:

1 Like

I expect that there are Naim design engineers who are pleased that you have discovered at what a great job they have done with their quiet electronics.

1 Like

It’s Halloween every day with the Naim lights.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.