Ndx2 wifi aerial

I have an ex demo Ndx2 on route. The supplier has mislaid the aerials and ordered replacements from Naim. Is the input ‘standard’ meaning I can pop a spare I have onto the unit until they arrive? Would appear so from the images.

I am not sure there is a ‘standard’ wifi antenna per se, other than they are all nearly 50ohm and use an SMA connector. With the NDX2 you need to ensure the antenna is a dual band (2.4 and 5 GHz ISM band) 50 ohm … many are only 2.4 GHz only. Putting the wrong antenna on may damage the wifi unit… though unlikely, but affect the effectiveness of wifi operation.

You may need to find more than one, and I am guessing you realise that the NDX2 has three aerials. One Bluetooth and 2 Wi-Fi.

I just unscrewed one of the Wi-Fi antenna from my NDX 2, photos above.

You’ll need 2 of them.

That’s very kind thank you. I have a couple spare dual band or tri band. Can’t remember. That looks like a male connector so I should be good to get going until the Naim ones arrive. Which will probably be identical. But possibly 4x the price and work best with an external attenae psu :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The connector on the antenna is an RP-SMA Male, so just look for a suitable dual band (2.4/5 GHz) type, it’ll probably be a 3dBi gain version. The Wi-Fi radio in the NDX 2 is an 802.11ac 2x2 dual band switching type. You should be able to find something suitable from an online retailer for a modest sum, certainly no more than £10.

Rather than guessing and taking the chance that you connect the wrong one, why not just get an Ethernet cable which will cost you very little, and will work reliably.

2 Likes

Unfortunately some distance from the router. I’m considering a range extender and hard wiring, but to date on my nova it’s the quality of my broadband rather than my WiFi that gives occasional grief. As it happens the NDX has just arrived. My temporary aerials fit fine. Are working fine. No explosions :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.