NDX2 with XPSDR - where next?

I suggest you try using the TT2 as your preamp/DAC, and if you like it, sell the 282/HCap.

1 Like

Something to think about. I do like the Naim / Chord synergy though.

That’s not quite correct. The U.K. plug on the PowerLine is far more sophisticated than that of the Lite. The full PowerLine has much thicker gauge wire and, as you say, a much more sophisticated IEC plug. The Lite is really just the old standard wire with a bendy plug. There really is no comparison.

Hi there guys. Just unplugged my equipment to rearrange boxes, have set back up again. Now the XPSDR won’t power on at all. So confused. There’s nothing wrong with the powerline as have tried it on something else. I gave the burndy a destress that Richard mentions. Plugged all back in. No green light at all. Left unplugged for 30 mins then tried again. Nothing. Anyone else had a similar fault? Or know a fix? My instinct is to leave it off as long as possible but am a little concerned at present why it’s not working at all. Thanks in advance

I suspect the fuse has blown in the XPS, they are rather prone to this.

There should be a spare in the fuse holder at the back of the unit.

1 Like

It may the fuse. Your dealer should be able to replace it I think.
I have read a similar problem here and it was the fuse.

1 Like

Okay thank you both, will call tomorrow. :+1:t3:

There should be a spare fuse in a little holder next to the power socket.

The bank! :rofl:

1 Like

When you turn the XPS off you should wait a few minutes to allow its capacitors to discharge, before unplugging the burndy. If you do it too fast the fuse will blow. That’s very likely what’s happened here. Get a couple of spare fuses from your Naim dealer. There should already be one in the fuse holder.

4 Likes

I think this is exactly what happened :man_facepalming:t3: Lesson learnt. Unfortunately no spare fuse as was ex demo. Will chase them up. Thanks for the sound advice :+1:t3:

If it helps RS sell these. I believe the stock number is 541-2969.

How much of a step up is the TT2 & scaler? Did you compare against the Dave ?
Does the XPSDR add anything to this set up?
Can’t seem to get an answer if XPSDR makes any difference if using an external DAC
Thanks

A “simplified” set-up might release funds for a 300DR… :crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.