Need Advice on my next Naim Purchase

If you go for the 202/200, do get a napsc for it. You should also plan to get something like a used Naim CDX2.

Let me look into that.

Thank you.

Thanks. I will

Wow I have lots of research to do. I appreciate all the time and great suggestions from everyone.

If you like the XS go for it.

I do like it a lot. Thanks

Hello again. So getting close to my decision. Not going with the used 200/202 because lumping the cost of converting to 220v in a year is not worth it.

That said, I listened to the 250/272 and they sounded amazing.

So one more question please. Someone suggested a Supernait 2 and NDX2 that I will have no opportunity to listen to. How would you compare that combo to the 250/272?

Thank you.

Do you actually know what you are trying to achieve? You’ve previously mentioned the Oppo and getting a turntable, and now streamers are coming into play. You need to look at the features of each product on the website and work out what you want to do.

Yes, I am not a huge streamer exceed for talk radio but when someone mentioned the 272 preamp with streamer being a good option with the NAP250, I decided to check it out with speakers similar to mind and it sounded great. The streamer is a nice option to have.

Yes, I am still going turntable next year and the OPPO 105 for CDs for now. I have buckets of CDs and I will be staying with them and have 50-100 LPs of my favourites.

Talked to a dealer and they suggested the Supernait 2 with NDX2, Stageline to be cost effective so my question how does the combination performance stack up with 250/272 that I had a chance to listen to sound wise? Either way a CD player and turnatable will be added.

Thanks

Given that streaming is not a big thing for you there seems little point in dropping ÂŁ5,000 on an NDX2.

Okay. Good point.

A dealer offered me Supernait 2, Stageline and NDXS2 for 5,940. Do you like the Supernait 2? I was very impressed with 250/272 but we are talking over 7,000. Pity I couldn’t make a comparison.

Do you mean the Naim ND5XS2 ? the NDX2 is twice the price, your costs suggest it’s the ND5XS2

Yes the Naim ND5XS2. I would imagine the Supernait 2, Stageline and ND5XS2 is demo equipment. The dealer is throwing possible options outside the 250/272.

That makes more sense price wise. Both fine systems, the 272/250 has a lot of love here on the forum. I don’t run either of these systems but I’m sure that others who do will respond. I guess as HH has commented it depends on your priorities, CD or streaming. The 250 I would say is the better amp whilst the ND5XS2 has the new Naim streaming platform, so depends what you prioritise.

Thanks for the advice. As I said HH not a huge streamer but why not have it possibly if it is a cost effective option. My main question although you said there is alot of love for the 250 is, how does the Supernait, etc matches up against 250/272.

Thanks

I don’t own either a SN2 or 250 so others can perhaps guide you better. I would be surprised if many said the SN2 was a better amp than the 250, also the 272 is a fine streamer/pre amp, as I said it depends where your priorities lie. If streaming was your main priority the new streaming platform of the ND5XS2 would be attractive.

Yes I would the 250/272 is better but wanted to see if it’s significant better than SN2 for extra layout of cash.

Thanks for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.