Neil Young - Harvest

As someone said on the Solstice thread, it could just be that marketing bods have been browsing here on the forum and noticed a disconnect between the price of vinyl records and what some of us are prepared to pay for our turntables :-))))

2 Likes

My fav of all Neil’s albums, for vinyl look for the 2009 Chris Bellman pressing. It’s the best out there, better than the original IMHO.

1 Like

I just got one of the regular emails from HMV and they clearly know what I’ve been listening to on Qobuz. This week it is Neil Young, last week the email had Josef K and the Human League which I had been listening to. Hmm…

Absolutely, and I’d add On The Beach to the list. Listening to it now, on vinyl. Fantastic album.

1 Like

One of my favourite albums of all time. I went a bit mad for it years ago and sought an original still-sealed US pressing. Sounded great, crisp and very ‘live’. I bought the 2009 boxset 1-4 by Chris Bellman and although it’s 12 years since I compared it to the original, I remember the Bellman being better, in that it was sweeter and bass was deeper. I liked the boxset so much I bought 2 and still have one sealed as a spare/sell.

I also have the DVD-A, but don’t have the equipment to play it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.