Network Player upgrade, but at the expense of the 282?

Thanks Svetty for your help, I have decided to keep my 282 and just upgrade the source.

1 Like

We could have told you that :slight_smile: There are relatively inexpensive work-arounds to put a Roon stream into the older streamers, such as the Sonore UPnP Bridge product.

Thanks Bart :grinning: I have just posted a possible solution.

I would go demo an NDS with 555DR PS versus the NDX2 with 555DR PS versus 272 with 555DR PS.

Having listened to the NDX2 and 272 and owning an NDS I prefer the NDS over them. Just sounds in a different league and very close to ND555.

However, the NDX2 benefits from the more updated streaming platform.

NDS sounds alot better though IMO. Would work out cheaper too!

The 272 is a really good move from point of view of cost and reducing box count, but won’t be quite as good as your 282. But very close. Still a brilliant streamer preamp.

Best of luck with your decision. Demo them all if you are able to!

thanks Dan :+1:

1 Like

I also had an ND5XS which was much improved with external DAC. NDS has been a huge uplift though. Absolutely love it.

1 Like

If your DAC end goal is the TT2 why dont you try the Hugo TT2 with the Node 2i for a while before you ditch the 2i.

@DJM delighted you are keeping the 282, loved my when it was in my system with the 300DR I found a huge uplift to the 282 when I added a SC which I would certainly recomend, it takes the 282 on to another level

the other small outlay I did in 2019 was Titan Electra source cable on my NDX - the results in performance uplift are astonishing!!!

enjoy the journey :smiley:

Or try the TT2 straight into the 300 — the experiment might pay for the Mscaler… :wink:

I’ve not listened side by side, but I see the NDS prices and they are BARGAINS. And a small network box (UPnP Bridge) can add Roon if that’s important.

Not to underestimate the new streaming front-end; it’s not just about Roon and services; going away from partially buffering data seems to bring many advantages.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.