Network Streaming Headphone DAC - suggestions

One review said the processor in the mini i 3 ain’t up to the job of acting as a generic DNLA end point. The ‘element i’ is a more powerful cpu &c.

That sounds about right. Like I said, I found using the microRendu I had spare better via USB than the native Roon streaming. I think the Element i uses an outboard SMPS power supply, which I suppose is something one could upgrade over time (but yet another box). But I think their gear is really nice, and probably the best of the Chinese crop. If/when I ever decided to replace my V1 in the main system I would seriously consider the Element X or whatever they might have coming in the future.

1 Like

I use a Mini Pro with a PI2AES. Might be a cheaper solution than buying the Element. Used to have a Limetree which is also very good (but no colour screen or remote).

The dealer knocked some money off the Element so now ordered :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you received it ? How is it sounding ?

I bought an Auralic Altair (the original silver one) for a bedroom headphone system. I very impressed with it. Paid £850 for it, but that was from a dealer.

Apparently in stock with the dealer on Wednesday… I’m guessing with me, perhaps, Friday.

Element i arrived this pm :slight_smile:

15 mins later installed and playing. Initial worries of bass lightness were down to the choice of album; basically the 80s wasn’t an era of gut churning bass :slight_smile: Change to a different album and all is well :slight_smile: So far very happy. Nice tweaks include auto-turn off after 5 mins not playing but auto starts from Bubble :slight_smile: Also does gapless playing using Bubble which the Bartok does NOT do.

Can’t get volume control via bubble to work though. That would be the icing on the cake :slight_smile: Support question sent to Bubble.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.