New album recommendations 2019

New year, so new topic to post new album recommendations.

Here’s one to start us off:

Happy listening
Nick

1 Like

Alder& Ash Clutched in the Maw of the World

This is a great album

2 Likes

Quote -

TIDAL: Listen to Clutched in the Maw of the World on TIDAL. TIDAL is the first music service with High Fidelity sound quality, High Quality music videos and Curated Editorial, expertly crafted by music journalists. -

Why the advert in praise of Tidal as opposed to other notable high resolution streaming services such as Qobuz, High Res Audio, Primephonic …

It was not meant to be an advert and it’s not against any other streaming service. It’s a hyperlink for those interested to listen to it as you can just click on it with you mobile device, the album pops up in your app, you can add it to you collection and move over to the Naim app to listen to it within seconds.

I’ve chosen Tidal because it was and still is the only full integrated lossless streaming service.

Didn’t feature in many end of year lists as it came out late November but came recommended in many “best thing I’ve heard all year” conversations. Vaguely disturbing cover which is wholly unrepresentative of the contents.

Album itself is a mere 30 minutes long and all the better for it. Flamenco meets Bjork, left field pop and… it’s all rather great. One if those albums you put on; exclaim WTF and then immediately put the whole thing back on all over again.

Harmonica? Love it.

From DL

It was not meant to be an advert and it’s not against any other streaming service. It’s a hyperlink for those interested to listen to it as you can just click on it with you mobile device, the album pops up in your app, you can add it to you collection and move over to the Naim app to listen to it within seconds.

I’ve chosen Tidal because it was and still is the only full integrated lossless streaming service.

Ah, I see, thank you.

Lamb to be released on April 26

Another tidy album worth a listen

Nice tip Dan, will certainly look out for its release

Waiting for

1 Like
4 Likes

I spotted this on Pitchfork last night and even though it is perhaps a tad outside my normal listening habits I simply had to pre-order it as there is something magical about Beth’s voice that I find irresistible.

Mike

1 Like

Not really a new album but a significant set of rereleases from ECM celebrating their 50th anniversary. Not only are there some excellent albums but they seem to be at a discount price on Amazon.

ECM TOUCHSTONES
50 for the 50th

Any information or opinion to go with this?

Not heard it yet. To be released end of Feb.