New ampli Rega Aethos

Le Atalante 3 le trovo meno precise ma più musicali e coinvolgenti. La gamma medio bassa è davvero incredibile e riempie il mio salone di 45 mq. Se potete fate un ascolto di questo brand

1 Like

It is a lovely amplifier , I had one - it was moved on for non audio reasons , my dealer thought i was mad (though was polite enough not say it) , then he came over and realised I was on reasonable ground

I moved to a Nova , then added a full fat power line , and was very happy

1 Like

The amplifier is valid but I am having problems with Italian assistance. Shameful

I’ve done the opposite :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Nova was very nice as an « allinone » product but was not really satisfied with my vinyle reproduction (pairing a Rega Aura as Pre-phono)
Tried the Aethos on a deep comparison with Nova and the SN3 and from the first note, was the one for me, and clearly at another level from the Nova (for my ears).
Lot of power and so smooooth …just perfect combo for vinyle listening.

On streams level I opted for the Watson Analog with a dedicated power supply…all in need

Yes not anymore a « all in one » product but with a bit more flexibility…and no obsolescence on amplifier / pre-phono …only with the Wattson

2 Likes

Well the Nova is basically (as I understand it) an XS3 , my experience ws that the size of the room and volume had an impact . I had a near top of range Graham Slee MM phono stage and that produced a high quality analogue sound

As a contrast I now have a Nait50 and I am very pleased with that

2 Likes

I have a Rega Aethos I am really loving it at the moment. The headphone amplifier is Brilliant what price of headphones should you buy for that amp and would focal utopia headphones be too much for this amplifier. I have uniti atom Headphone edition and I Use the focal utopia headphones with it

1 Like

Really nice if both working nicely together (Rega Aethos and Revival audio Atalante 3), because those speakers are one on top of my list to potentially replace my Proac 10 Sig …if enough space for them in my new room. Very excited about deeper listening session

1 Like

Suonano davvero alla grande!!!

Did you listen to the Atalante 5? I listened to the Atalante 5 but not the 3 and was quite impressed with the sound quality.

A friend got the Atalante 5 and I listen to them often, an excellent match with the SN3 although for me I would prefer a clearer amplifier. Saturday morning I listened to the Atalante 4, another great speaker, even if I consider the A3 and A5 the best, ah the A5 have already increased by €400. The A4s were driven first with a Nait 5si and then with a Luxman 507z… another story. You will hear about these speakers.

1 Like

Made in France :chicken::+1:

1 Like

Atalante 5 is huge and will take up space, so a large room is required. A3 looks like a good compromise and more versatile to be used in small and average sized spaces but bass and scale might be a bit lacking. Nevertheless, I’m sure they all sound wonderful.

I currently have too many speakers so I am off the merry-go-round already. Otherwise, I might seriously consider the Atalante 3. The prices of the speakers are not too exorbitant, surprisingly. More affordable than Harbeth and Graham equivalent.

Luxman L-507Z is the new model and was reported to sound very good, better than most of the older models such as my L-590AXII. :sweat_smile:

hi, I use the A3s in 45 m2 and I must tell you that they are amazing in the low range. They replaced the B&W 702 S2 Signature and I chose them after direct comparison with these. The A5s on their stands are truly enormous, while placed on the ground they make a different impression. however the A3s are speakers with an excellent q/p ratio. I’ve had both Luxman 590ax2 and 509x, hold on to the 590.

3 Likes

It’s not going anywhere, the L-590AXII. :blush:

5 Likes

Would the Focal utopia headphones be to much for the Rega Aethos Amplifier

@Higgy i am using the Focal Utopia with the headphone amp of my SN3, with good results. I don’t know how the SN3 compares to the Rega amp.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Jaybar

@Higgy You are welcome. I’m assuming the Anthos has a headphone jack and you will not be using an external headphone amp?

Some people on the forum have suggested I use an external amp and not go through the SN3. I have no available rack space for an external amp and my use of multiple sources with my Utopia headphones makes it just easier to use my SN3.

Same here mate no space on my on my hifi stand.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.