New app update

Maybe a better (and easier for Naim) option would be to have users supply their own from images already on their device?

Can I suggest you add your suggestion to the feature request thread?

Have you logged out of TIDAL and back in again? I’d suggest that.

1 Like

Just noticed that my Mu-so has an unusual name. Is this new?

If you’ve done a reset, it’ll go back to a reference name. Remember, in the App you can rename it to anything you want, eg Kitchen Mu-so

Thanks, reset done because of the Tidal problem. Will rename.

1 Like

This is fixed in the latest iOS update - released today

There’s another app update? :thinking:

I think I’ll wait some more for this to settle before upgrading to this Tidal Connect feature.

Updated and it is indeed fixed. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Clare. Thanks for getting in touch. Love your work! Yes, I have had quick responses from Tidal also. I deleted the Tidal apps on my iPad and iPhone and then downloaded them back on again. No improvement. I also disconnected from my Tidal online account then logged back on again. No improvement. Tidal confirm my account is still current. Since the Naim update all of my playlists have gone wonky. They will play the older pieces on the playlist and will play the latest pieces on the playlists when I tap ‘play this song’ but nothing happens when I tap ‘play from this song’. It seems to have lost that functionality since the latest update. Before that, my playlists worked beautifully. Is there any chance you could guide me to reverse the latest update? Many thanks. Roger

Remind me which product you have, please? Let’s do some troubleshooting

Clare…it’s the ND5 XS 2

Thanks. Here’s the checklist - try each in turn to see if I helps; no need to do all if you find a solution.

Check you are running latest version of Naim App: 5.22.2 for Apple iOS, 2.22.1 for Android. Fully power down and power back up your phone/tablet after updating.

Power cycle your XS2 - unplug from mains power and leave for at least 30 minutes.

Factory reset your XS2.

If there is no joy after that, we do have Firmware 3.7.1 in final testing for release next week.

Done the turn it on / off a few times deleted / reinstalled etc. and the app still can’t see all my devices…… pretty poor experience if I’m honest for a high end product.

Did you go through my checklist above?

Restarting your router to rule that out would be another suggestion.

Restarted reinstalled everything - app sees 2 devices but not the other 2
Just restarted router and another device disappeared so now in a worse position than I started!

Now down to seeing one device out of 4……

Any recommendations would be welcome - cursing this so called update

Are you on iCloud+ with private relay on? Suggest to turn that off if it is enabled. I found that private relay messes things up.

Don’t think so re iCloud + how would I know?

Go here : Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Private Relay.

Reason I point this out is because Apple upgraded me to iCloud+ yesterday and I tried enabling Private Relay. But I noticed it didn’t play with with my router and the app couldn’t find my devices.

Checking would at least rule out this as something that is messing things up.