New Apple Watch remote app for Roon

In case any of you Roonies haven’t been over to the Community there recently, you may be interested to know that there is a new app on the app store that gives you full remote control of your Roon system from an Apple watch. You do need a Raspberry Pi to run the extension though. Here’s a photo of RooWatch:

2 Likes

I really like this app. It’s really a case of you don’t know what you want until you get it.

First of all it’s a full remote and as it works off WiFi there is no contorted pointing in the direction of the unit needed. Play, pause, volume, previous next.

One of my reasons foe moving on from an ultraRendu few years ago was to have a remote for Roon.

Simple things like whilst cooking in the kitchen and listening to a Roon daily mix and glancing at your wrists to see what’s playing.

And although it’s a bit basic it does have Siri integration. “Play help by the Beatles” “Play the album Help by the Beatles” does just that. Mind you play “Sons of Kemet” brought up a New Orleans Big Ban Jazz session as it misheard as Kermit. Some great stuff playing. My Irish accent and Siri might become another source of music discovery.

You also have full access to your Library, playlists and Qobuz and Tidal, but obviously the size factor militates against much use like this.

Quite amazing that 2 guys over on the Roon Forum put this together.

.sjb

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.