New Asset UPnP update

Thanks Mike. It sounds like I was on the right track. I’ll get a word copy saved. Like you say it can always be reinstalled.

1 Like

What advantages does the latest version of Asset bring?

I have a version that is a few years old now, which I seem to remember was free. I have it running on my QNAP but not sure I want to subscribe to an update unless there are real benefits.

Cheers.

I don’t know that I’ve ever changed my browse tree. Is there an advantage to doing this that I’m not seeing?

I change mine because I prefer not to use all the default options, less is better for me.

1 Like

Cool, thanks. So can I just eliminate the ones I don’t want to see? I mostly only use Artist, Album, Track, and Jukebox.

Yes, if you play with & find out what works best for you.
I use (mostly) Album Artist/Album & Album, others to a lesser extent
This my Browse Tree config & how it looks in the iPad (NB I’m now on Asset R7)

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s a pretty clean set up.

Hi Mike

What is ‘root’? I have lots of them and never understood it. Genre is the main way I search and can then choose artist or album beneath, which I found tricky to set up.

Hi Nigel, “root” is part of a directory structure. It’s the top-level of a file system.
The directory structure is like an upside-down tree, so the term represents the top level.

I’ve not experimented much with this in Asset, the browse tree default as published in Asset includes these “+/root” & other “+/“ lines that direct your selected browse path to its root or metadata tag.
I just leave the Asset editing in the “+/” sub-command lines as they are.

1 Like

Thanks. As everything is working I’ll leave as is, roots and all.

1 Like

Thanks Simon for the heads up and all for the set up info.

Major issues configuring the browse tree here (Asset installed on a Mac, using the Naim app on an iPhone)…
Any changes I make do not seem to be reflected in the app as they were with previous versions.
I have tried restarting all (app, asset, phone, and computer).
Not yet resolved…
Of course, I can still access music the way I want it through the default… I’d just like to clean it up a bit by deleting some of the options and rearranging those I use.

Does the browse tree look OK on the Mac after you have done the changes?

Yes, it does… which is the weird thing. I can make the changes I want, save and close (they stay even if I quit and reopen Asset) but they are not reflected in the Naim app (on two different devices).

OK that is odd. At least it proves that the Browse Tree config is correct.
Not sure where to go from here now apart from restarting Asset/Naim App.

Yes… unfortunately, simple restarts aren’t doing the trick. I’m sticking with the default for now but, unless things get sorted, I may have to try a fresh install of the apps when I have more time in the evening or on the weekend.

I suggest posting the question to the Illustrate forum on the Asset R7 thread.
I’ve tried to understand what you’re describing, but as I don’t have Asset on Mac, I can’t get the same (or what looks to be the same) on Asset for Synology with iOS or Android apps.

But … whoops … looks like there is no Asset R7 specific thread as yet, so you’ll need to start one under Forum: Asset UPnP

1 Like

Hmm… that seems to be a “read-only” thread unfortunately.

Post on here
https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/forumdisplay.php?57-Asset-UPnP

1 Like