New Classic - 3 Box System

I suspect that I will be choosing one of these three box systems at some point this year.

The NSC 222, NAP 250 and NPX 300 is the obvious three box system but I would lose the ability to record from an analogue source.

Solutions based around the NAC 332 provide an analogue out for recording but would also need a phono amp, a 3.5 box count as has already been noted on this thread. Powered speakers with crossovers and power amps within the speakers might take this back down to 2.5 boxes but no doubt at a high cost.

It remains to be seen whether we have all the 200 and 300 series components. A 200 series streamer and pre amp, if such things were ever to exist, would change things further. Matching the streamer to a “Nait 200” (my imagined name for a possible 200 series integrated) would create further options if such a thing were ever to exist. The Nait amplifiers have had so much love from Naim fans over many decades, with the Nait 50 exemplifying this. We will have to see if streamer/integrated pairings can co-exist with streamer-pre/power amp pairings.

1 Like

@Nathan, Good points and I agree if other boxes were to appear this year (it is Naim 50th after all) then other options could be on the table. Especially if it were to be a “Nait 200” type box as you suggest.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.