New digital source needed for my Naim system

Surprised you held on to the Duet for so long. A used SB Touch which can be picked up pretty cheaply these days would be a good step up in SQ and of course does Hi-Res if you wanted to stay with LMS. I still use a couple of Touches around the house and a Sonore UltraRendu in the main system all running LMS to good effect.

A friend has recently purchased a Blusound Node 2i feeding a Naim integrated and he rates it very highly. Connected to your NDac should make an excellent source.

Lots of options these days.

I am sorry you have experienced difficulties with your Duet/LMS since you upgraded to macOS Catalina. Ade in an earlier post on this thread said there may be some work arounds to get your Duet to see your music library again under Catalina. Let me know if you have success with this. What do you use for a NAS?
One consideration for me is that my Duet digital output is limited to 16/44 resolution so I would not be able to stream high resolution audio to my DAC from a service like TIDAL using the Roon platform. As an alternative to Roon, I am considering replacing the Duet in my main listening source with a Bluesound Node 2i so that I have the option of streaming 24/96 audio in future (not sure if my aging ears will hear the difference!).

Beyond the devices already discussed in this thread, you might want to check the new Primare NP5 Prisma. It is a small network player with support for, among others, Ethernet wired and wireless, Airplay 2, Chromecast Audio and Roon. Outputs are electrical (RCA) and optical (Toslink) S/PDIF.

It is a fairly old GoFlex from Seagate - but when LMS can access the music it works fine. It is however no longer supported so I was looking to change it. I was waiting until I purchase whatever server I finally get before doing so. I’ll have a look at the work round. Thanks

So I enabled full disk access for perl in preferences and the LMS media library statistics are showing it as re-built and Peng on my iPad is seeing all my albums and it is playing. So thanks.

I think there may still be some issues going forward as the NAS seems to need a deliberate ‘connect’ command to waken it and get the file structure and files to appear in Finder.

But I’m in much better shape than I was 30 mins ago.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.