New firmware update

Fiddlesticks.

1 Like

If anyone does have to reset Tidal or Qobuz and will therefore lose their playlists and favorites, Iā€™d suggest getting a monthā€™s sub to Soundiiz and using that to store and transfer their favorites and playlists to Qobuz and also local storage, so that these can then be put back after resetting the web streaming service.

3 Likes

Hi All,

Regarding @newcomer issue on Tidal this is a very unique case and only shows on his account due to some historical playlist favs content. We have traded accounts and my account on his system works perfectly fine.

Naturally we want to get to the bottom of it, so Iā€™ve shared the account with our app team to see if we can focus in the exact thing that is causing the incompatibility.

On this forum feel free for all to discuss whatever. Various of us at Naim are reading your posts, but sometimes itā€™s hard to keep up with all threads and comments. If you have a support issue, get it raised with our support team at support@naimaudio.com and then it can be formally tracked through the support system who will prioritise up through the system if its a complex one.

Best regards

Steve Harris

10 Likes

Looks like I spoke too soon about consistency.

1 Like

Is this something which could be measured by Naim?

You sound like my mother in-law. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a difference between the two, and indeed between reporting a bug and voicing concerns. How many of us use software that has constant updates with various bug fixes, some of which we may have experienced and others been unaware ofā€¦?

Sadly I have just encountered the first involuntary reboot of my ND555. I thought I was lucky as I wasnā€™t experiencing any of the issues described on this thread. Iā€™m using ND555 v3.5, iPad Mini 2019/20 v5.18.

I noticed that the ā€˜now playingā€™ bar at the bottom of the screen on the iPad suddenly went blank. I immediately checked the router/modem and saw that it was going through a reboot, searching for a connection (we have poor broadband here). A few seconds later I returned to the music room to see the ND555 had started to reboot. I was playing an album from my own NS01 server, not Qobuz.

I shall copy this to support@naimaudio.com in case it helps the engineers determine whatā€™s going on.

Same hereā€¦ Bluetooth off, Server Mode on. No problems at all with the latest 3.5 firmware here.

1 Like

Have also just had my first random reboot of the ND555.

Running the following:

Firmware 3.15
App: 2.18 on Android

I was streaming from a local upnp source and had recently restarted the stream from pause when the now playing bar went blank and ND555 rebooted.

Just reporting as requested.

I experienced one reboot during playback with my ND555.

E

My Nova is plagued with bugs and issues. Since the 3rd update there has been nothing but problems. Particularly with the screen. The recent issue is the screen not showing the logo of the radio channel or the Spotify song that I am playing. At all. This is happening every other day. I keep resetting the Nova but it still happens. FFS this is a Ā£4k piece of equipment. Can you sort things out please because it is f**king embarrassing.
Rant over!

There is a lengthy thread on the recent update you might find some assistance there for your problem. Alternatively you might seek help direct from Naim customer services who would be willing to help you.
Ranting about the issue repeatedly using the ā€˜Fā€™ word will not however endear you to either Naim or the large number of knowledgeable members of this forum willing to give you advice.

1 Like

This wasnā€™t a call for help. This was a venting of my frustration with the constant issues that are plagueing this product range which seems to happen after every update. These frustrations are not mine alone. There are plenty of other people that have similar issues and I know a few people that have sold their Nova because of these issues.

I have read the other article but there is no assistance for this issue since it is some sort of bug and naim alone can sort it out.

Iā€™m not sure what the F word means to you but it can mean Fudge, Fraim, etc, etc. :grin:

Iliria, I do understand your frustration here. The more so because for many the update has gone smoothly, but for some, there have been issues, and Naim are trying to resolve them. If you have followed all the advice thus far - hard re-boot of Nova, reset of Nova, close down and re-start of App, re-boot of network - and you are still getting this issue then please let Naim know through the proper support channels, giving as much detail as you can. If doing any and all of the steps I have mentioned here fix the issue, then also please let us know. Otherwise, I imagine support may possibly recommend a re-install of the update ro some other course of action. Thanks.

p.s. I have moved the posts from your new thread into the existing one. That way it keeps everything together, so nothing gets missed when reviewed.

1 Like

As we really know it, although it seems quite likely that there are some others still, and probably for ever, hiddenā€¦

Sorry, but in my positive experience with Tidal, you are exaggerating it.

2 Likes

It seems from my small testing so far that there are interactions. Naim did say the final noise-tuning procedure of the various sub-system modules becomes a bit of an Art to get right.
Iā€™m just happy they actually acknowledge and know this and have a procedure to address it. To me this is better than pretending there are no differences because you are too sure of yourselves - open-minded investigation always appeals to me rather than dogma.

I like aspects of alignment but also expect there to be differences of opinion as I find it is not an absolute call on better/worse - some music preferred a bit more of the other option.

I can align with aspects of that assessment - In my system the ā€˜liquidā€™ aspect unfolds as far greater dynamic range and insight - it is almost too much as the presentation is very different and there is so much extra going on that is now resolved into different tunes playing together into complex melodies that I never heard before that it takes some getting used to, as this was more a wall of sound before.

Iā€™m personally not convinced as to absolute better/worse on this - but there are differences that the user may prefer in context of his system and easy choose - so why not?

DB.

Iā€™m no longer with Tidalā€¦ prefer Qobuz, but the 18 monthsI was with Tidal I didnā€™t have any problems with them (or Qobuz & Deezer). In fact, the only time Iā€™ve lost service was due to the very occasional internet outage. Very seldom that happens and not for long when it does.

I do have a largish Flac library as well to cover but itā€™s not something Iā€™ve had to think about.

Tidal problem likely come from their new authentication system. They completely changed it for all API connections and all vendors have been forced to update . It has had a big impact on Roon causing issues with login and accounts just logging out so this is not just a Naim thing.

1 Like