New Focal & Naim App

Sorted! Much obliged for the tip @jusphish

p.s. Indeed a faff. Most things with Apple are quite user friendly. Not sure what happened with Shortcuts :man_shrugging:

Yeah it’s a bit strange and I suppose more useful for complicated shortcuts than just opening an application. I suspect if it breaks at some point, I will just give in.

1 Like

Since the upgrade, Tidal drops out every 15 secs or so. Haven’t had this problem for years since the early days when Tidal was first added to the app. Is there a fix for this?

I can confirm that the update to iOS 16.1 is NOT fixing the UPnP issues.
My NDX2 is constantly dropping out of the Naim-App and Qobuz is loosing a second here and a second there in the stream.
The MuSo Qb2 seems to be more stable and loose it’s connection less frequently.

Let‘s hope that the Naim-Developers will fix this soon.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this. I’ve an IPhone XS running IOS 16.1 and a NDX2 and all Upnp stuff on my network are on the server page. No issues at all.

I made some comments and observations about the Focal/Naim app in a recent exercise I was involved in. See topic MuSo Gen 1 - IRadio, updating firmware, Asset media and Focal/Naim App - Streaming Audio - Naim Audio - Community

Who tests these things before release?

The announcement page from “The Software Team” requested feedback - are they reading this thread?

With this new app release, connection to my ND5XS2 is constantly dropping, and it runs much slower than the previous one on a brand new iphone 14.

I fortunately and thanks to this post, kept the previous release on my iPad.

But I cannot use my iPhone anymore now.

Is there a way to remove the new version and get the previous one back?

No there isn’t. Apple won’t allow it.

But the latest version of the Naim app and the latest version of IOS work fine on iPhone 14. So make sure you have the latest updates.

IOS16.1
IPhone14
Focal naim 6.0.1
Yes it is supposed to work , but unfortunately it does not work as per the previous version, I am facing the problems listed above

It’s odd how some are having issues and others aren’t, I’m running everything you are and not having any problems.

Sorry for asking the obvious but have you checked your wi fi.

1 Like

Hi,

Yes it is weird.

what do you suggest ? I am with fiber optic, fast internet subscription with Orange.
My iPad runs the previous app version fantastically.
Before upgrading , my iPhone14 with the previous naim app was working great.

I am also getting netflix, appletv+… with no issues , wifi is fluid and does not drop.

Streaming works, but If I move to another room it happens the naim app looses the connection to the nd5xs2.
And with my music server, there is some lost connection , which did not happen before and do not happen with my iPad.
Last the app UI goes slower on my iPhone now.

One thing I did not try was rebooting my iPhone which I did just now. I will test again tomorrow and will let you know if this helps.
Thanks all for responding.

1 Like

I’ve found it a good idea to reboot your phone every now and then. It’s not unusual for these things never to be shutdown, we just keep recharging and off we go.

Good luck, they are working to iron out a few glitches and hopefully that may help as well.

2 Likes

“Have you tried turning it Off and On again?”

Now where have I heard that before

I just emailed Naim support for the problem of missing tracks in Tidal, that I mentioned in an earlier post.

I couldn’t find my Core through the app on 16.1, but a quick forced close and open of the app fixed that straight away. But I use Roon usually, and had no issues there.

Not sure whether it is the Naim app or Asset, but now when I tap on the title of a track, it plays immediately rather than adding it to a queue. It used to give a pop-up choice which included play next, play last etc. Can I get back to how it was?
I know that I could press the three dots at the right hand side, but on my phone that usually fails - instead it scrolls the display up or down to some other part of the list of songs.

Try Settings → Other Settings → Tap for Options

Good luck!

2 Likes

Fantastic! That’s the one. I wasn’t sure whether it was the Naim app or Asset. All good now.
Thanks

1 Like

We’ve just noticed that the Android version. Doesn’t show all albums from one artist . And just has a play now bar which will play all the albums sequentially.This is the same on my phone and the wife’s tablet.

Whereas the IOS one shows all albums with artwork so you can pick which to play.

Used to show correctly before the new focal naim app

I used to get that with my iPad and NDX when both were connected by wifi. I have a BT wifi with extenders. Connecting the NDX physically to the router solved the issue. Do you have one wifi setup?