New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

It’s a hard life :wink:

1 Like

Clare merits some enjoyment, after the thousands questions about all the firmware updates and other bugs. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Indeed :+1:

2 Likes

she is always very helpful and kind

4 Likes

It seems there’s at least one Solstice already in Italy on demo - a couple of threads where some of our Italian members who have heard it give their impressions.

2 Likes

Yep, this new thread:

Yes in Merate near Milan.

1 Like

Clearing the counterweight will be nerve wracking when replacing the cover.

Since fitting a heavy cartridge I’ve caught the one on my deck a couple of times, I don’t recommend it.

I’ve taken to putting the inside of the front right corner of the cover, which goes over the whole deck with some clearance, against the corner of the deck before lowering the rest diagonally but my plinth is bamboo and doesn’t seem to mark, I don’t think perspex will keep its looks very long with that technique.
There’s a lot to be said for the Linn style lid where the hinges lift out.

7 Likes

You have bought this Solstice or is it a home demo ?

I confirm, I am one of the lucky ones!

1 Like

You’ve heard it or you’ve received one you’ve ordered?

That’s @Bart ‘s picture of the Solstice above, mine is the Artemis below. both included to illustrate the vulnerability of the counterweight stubs to cover related accidents, especially after a relaxing evening.

1 Like

Another option would be to do something like I’ve done with the Rock.

The frame surrounds the deck without touching it, locating on the Fraim cups, and a lid is hinged to the frame using Linn hinges. This would also have the advantage of covering the white logo. :grin:
I’ve not got round to making one to fit the Artemis yet but if I catch the counterweight one more time I probably will.

I’ve decided to let the Solstice pass, as a package.

2 Likes

I’ve only heard, but has been awesome!

The full Hi-Fi+ review of Solstice Special Edition is now free to read online:

10 Likes

Seems that the Reviewer quite like it, then… :smiley:

I see on Mono and Stereo that Linn launches a new Klimax Lp12, with new radikal motor, new radikal motor control and power supply.
The battle with Naim continues. :grin:

Continues to fall in love

37 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

I was in Haifa long time ago, what a lovely city! The light in your picture makes me travel in time.

You are definitely welcome :sunglasses: