New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Gosh……i think had a demo of the Solstice a year ago……still no record?

1 Like

Did it stipulate if it used digital or analogue mastering? …………. I’ll get my coat!:joy:

4 Likes

It’s on Qobuz……

I’ve asked Naim label manager James for an update.

1 Like

Is that the July record store playlist or another one Mike ?

So I had a chat with Naim’s label Manager James about the Solstice LP. It seems to have been something of a trial, with at least three sounds of test pressings all being rejected due to issues, and at one point necessitating a change in pressing plant. Eventually it was found that there was an issue with the metalwork so the LP had to be re-cut. The good news is that the latest TP from the re-cut has been approved and production is underway with an expected delivery sometime within the next few months. Reading between the lines I would guess that those of you who have bought a Solstice from a UK dealer will probably hear from them soon…

10 Likes

Richard. Please don’t start a sentence with “So”.

1 Like

Shep, sorry if it offends you but just because it tends to be overused these days does not mean it’s entirely inappropriate. As I was returning to follow up on my post above, and the backstory turned out to be rather more complex that first imagined, it seemed quite ok. Of course, my real sin may very well have been not to put in a comma after the “so”…

12 Likes

:roll_eyes:

18 Likes

Mrs HH is always telling me off for using a comma before ‘and’. I believe there are times when it’s ok though, rather like your ‘so’.

1 Like

Indeed it is.

1 Like

It certainly is, and I do it a lot. I think it’s referred as the Oxford comma - not that I have any associations with Oxford.

2 Likes

It’s fingernails down blackboard for me. Would you have considered starting with “therefore”? I think that’s a similar meaning in context. Better still, leave it out entirely because it’s meaningless. Anyway, back to the Solstice.

What an obnoxious post.

18 Likes

And completely disrespectful given Richard’s role here.

6 Likes

I think there are some in this thread and the other one who need to grab a coffee and go for a lie down.

6 Likes

Is it a full moon tonight or something!? Threads kicking off everywhere.

I’m going to whack something soothing on my TT or do some gentle gardening :heart:

2 Likes

Yep, it’s all kicking off here and a few other threads.
What we need is a few new items from Naim to distract us.

1 Like

It may be to you but ‘So’ here, or better ‘So,’ as @Richard.Dane has acknowledged, is being used as a discourse marker^ and, in the context of the matter under discussion, an expression of consequence.

^generally defined as a new part of a conversation, noting the newly provided explanation for the delays.

4 Likes

Shep - please take note that “Richard.” is not a sentence. Tut tut.

3 Likes