New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Your last sentence seems the most relevant to me.

Your rant is well founded. Naim includes a tool kit and scant info on their use. Thankfully we have this forum to amend the manual.

2 Likes

Still no idea what the grub screw below the barrel adjuster does though :wink:

1 Like

Any word on the True Stereo record for the Solstice SE?

It better be top notch🤞🏽

1 Like

Chris, see my post following a chat with Naim’s label manager, James, at the end of August. The LP had to be recut and I think pressing was under way, so he was hoping for LPs to appear this side of Christmas. I’m not sure but I think UK customers may have had an update from dealers?

2 Likes

Not me

1 Like

OK I am playing around with the idea of fitting my Aphelion 2 to the solstice. For those who have put a different cart on what alignment did you use. I know it comes with a rudimentary gauge but I am finding that hard to use so orgered a Dr Dr Feickert alignment tool.

I always seem to come back to Lofgren A DIN whatever else I try, which includes UniDIN on a SmartRactor.

When switching from 33 to 45 rpm, can I simply toggle between the two speeds? Or should I hit “0” and stop the platter

1 Like

Toggle

The devices on the top of your 2nd fraim look at home. I prefer them over other devices

**IF **Naim were to make the Aro2 available as a stand alone and it could be Keel mounted might I be tempted to switch to Scotland? Has anyone tried a Dynavector on the new Aro?

@Cohen1263 has a XV-1T I believe.

2 Likes

I do indeed Ian and it sounds first class with Solstice/ARO 2.

But Lindsay, as has been written, the ARO 2 is too heavy for the LP12 and no more are going to be made unless there’s a serious policy shift over the Channel!

P.S in the unlikely event that you got chance to hear just how good the Solstice deck can sound you might not discount the Solstice as a way to accommodate the new ARO so easily.

2 Likes

Thank you. I could demo a Solstice but I know sound should be the first consideration but aesthetically I’m just not with it.

5 Likes

Fair enough :+1:

2 Likes

The more I look at mine the more I love it.
The “saucepan” platter (as some deride it) is bold and beautiful.
All in the eye of the beholder, of course.
It also happens to make rather a good job of playing records.

2 Likes

I’ve had an update from James. The pressing schedule slipped a bit due to “material shortages” and “increased capacity allocation for the major label releases” so now looking like they will be pressed after Christmas and ready to ship around March/April. I’m told this schedule is now “locked in”…

2 Likes

Richard,

Have you had a chance to hear the Solstice yet? If so, I’ve missed your thoughts on it if you posted here previously.

OA