New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Given the comments on this thread, that’s probably the only thing missing. Embrace the modern :slightly_smiling_face:

Pull the plug. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Huh? Don’t several people already have theirs?

1 Like

They have. We produced the more detailed video after launch but before first units shipped. Sorry, I thought that was clear from my post.

1 Like

If you leave the Solstice in Standby mode the logo stays on. If you exit Standby (turn the SSE off) then the only items that “glows” is the power button on the TT. The complete package of the SSE, when connected together is controlled by the selection switch on the TT. Press the power button when the table is on, you shut down all 3 component. Press the “0” button, all stays in Standby, logos lit, buttons lit (different intensity on the buttons to show in Standby). Select a speed, all powers up immediately.

The logo dimming switch is really useful. Setting it to low, matches the intensity of the green logos on the Classic equipment (the Olive is dimmer still (or my olive components displays are dimming :)). The low setting actually blends rather nicely with the green logos on the Classic series.

6 Likes

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The Eclipse cartridge takes about 100hrs to break in, hopefully it will be broken in or very near to being broken in when you get to listen. However, the SSE package does sound great right out of the box. I have to admit that the NDS doesn’t get quite as much use as it used to in my system since the SSE arrived (and the HDX almost no use); spinning vinyl is very pleasurable at the moment.

4 Likes

Hi Clare,

While the current setup video is helpful, may I suggest you make a second more detailed video that spends time helping owners understand the following:

Counterweight
Azimuth
VTA
Anti-Skate

Also, may I suggest you shoot the video in a way that the presenter’s hands do not block the view (as a professional I notice these things).

3 Likes

I’ll pass the feedback on…

3 Likes

Hi @Naim.Marketing - surely there is nobody on the planet (and I include myself in that!) quite as keen for the Solstice to start shipping to us troublesome UK customers as you!?!

I know there are a stack of dealers, plus countless readers of this thread who haven’t even considered a Turntable would also have it high up their wish lists too !

So… :blush:

…have you maybe got a little update as to when UK bound units might start to ship?

If it’s likely September - great, good to know.

If it’s likely December - great, good to know.

I know it’s a fine line between managing expectations and making implied commitments that’ll come back and bite, but this question is very much the former!

A bit of insight as to what’s going on would be super!

1 Like

As noted on another thread, I’ve been promised a detailed update on lead times early next week - I’ll then pass that all on here

2 Likes

Ah sorry - I’d missed that - thanks!

1 Like

I’m beginning to think there are folks out there who spend the evening mesmerised by the green logo rather than John Coltrane inverting the chromatic scale. Sometimes I really despair.

13 Likes

Im pretty sure that if you leave it in standby mode long enough, it powers itself off and all logos and lights go off other than on the power switch of the PS (which if it’s not on the top shelf of Fraim you really dont see anyway).

Anyone played around with the Phono’s Din vs RCA to see which output sounds better?

Oh, and it sounds so good!!

Just an FYI, I picked up my Kharma DB7’s today at Audio Eden, which is just north of Toronto Ontario. He has TWO Solstices there, in the boxes still. One is for him to use as a demo unit, the other one is for sale.
I will include a quick photo of my new speakers, bad lighting, not hooked up yet, too tired to go any further right now.

![image|666x500, 100%](upload://7OiTumP6hepsspJqqF872ZyQBzw.

jpeg)

4 Likes

The left speaker :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Nice looking speaker!

1 Like

I would imagine they sound great but the coffin look, what is with that?

2 Likes

The leads from the tonearm are RCA