New from Naim – Solstice Special Edition turntable

Yeah. must be true.

Hello AHT,
Can you please describe the difference between the two of them?

C’est Magnifique

2 Likes

But I am awaiting new 'speakers (LS3/5As) before I can do that.

[/quote]

May I enquired which manufacturer? Falcon, Graham or Rogers ? I have a competitor Harbeth P3ESR, lovely with chamber music , guitar, piano, jazz, female vocal, Leonard Cohen etc and surprisingly films .

They do lose some “oomph” when faced with orchestral

I do hope you are enjoying your LP12 , or with new speakers and a Nait 2 are you creating a second system ?

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

The Lyra tonearm cable is a nice upgrade. A lower noise floor, resulting in more inner detail, better dynamics and tonal color. The usual stuff. These improvements are incremental, not night and day.

3 Likes

Hello, Ian, and I trust that this finds you well.

Yes, I am trying to make a new ‘bedroom’ system, making use of an n-Vi which I bought from Grahams HiFi at a knock-down price years ago (one of Naim’s few failures), with an (unused) Olive Nait 2 (again, bought at a good price) and a pair of Falcon Cherrywood LS3/5As, which I’ve ordered through James at TomTom Audio.

I have no idea whether I can get them all to fire up together, but we shall see.

3 Likes

Thanks,
There is no dealer in our country to buy the Lyra tonearm cable…
Any suggestions where to buy that cable? or where exactly did you bought it?
I hope my question is allowed here…

Regards

@Ariel26 The dealer I used is Rick Brown, his shop is Hi FI One in Carlsbad, California. @ChrisBell gave me his name right here on this thread, so it should be fine. He is not a Naim dealer, but is quite familiar with the special requirements for a Lyra PhonoPipe to fit the Solstice.

1 Like

Hello Graham , that sounds a super little system . Also suspect it will look good too .

I suspect the n-Vi suffered from the upgrade(itis) to which AV suffers , if I remember the audio reviews were good.

best wishes

Ian

Hello, Ian. I’ve never been able to get the n-Vi to play to its strengths, but I shall try hard to get it going. We shall see.

1 Like

Just posted by Signals……Naim have announced the end of the Solstice production, inevitable, but does seem a shame.

I guess I’ll have to content myself with the LP12 to play me old scratched records :wink:

3 Likes

Damn
I’ll continue to slum it with my Kandid Klimax LP12.

5 Likes

One door closes
Another one opens

Perhaps Solstice TT items, available separately.
As part of next phase of NC items being launched. Possibly June or over the summer

Just saying :wink:

3 Likes

I wonder if that was always the plan, or it just worked out that way after the issues faced over the past few years supply chain wise. It does seem a shame. Special edition it really turned out to be.

1 Like

As they announced the package as limited to 500 it always was going to be, now we wait to find out if they launch elements (TT, ARO etc) as separate units as was just suggested as a possibility. I’m pretty sure that I saw that the phono stage is being released separately.

4 Likes

Correct
So, we can be confident of that bit :+1:

Still on special in Australia - save $10,350 AUD

1 Like

A U.S dealer has had one on Audiogon for a while, but at retail price. They didn’t quite fly off the shelves here I guess.

Just checked…it’s still there for sale.

I never saw a comparative review against a fully tricked out LP12. Was there ever such a thing? I suppose that they would have been in the same price bracket.

1 Like