New iMAC - issues with some websites

Hi all – I normally have no issues with Macs and fixing any issues but this one has got me stumped so I could do with a bit of help please…

Mrs-n’s new iMAC is having trouble with a couple of websites (Safari). On one, a login form just continually goes back to the login page. Another doesn’t display the ‘book now’ buttons. These all work fine on my Macbook Air and Pro and various ipads. Chrome does have trouble as well with the same websites on this machine. All SW is up to date and running Ventura.

I didn’t set it up, Mrs_n did and I’m wondering whether something in the setup has gone awry, but what ? I’ve done the Apple troubleshooting but not found anything amiss. Cookies and java script enabled etc.

Before I factory reset it and start from scratch, any ideas of where to possibly look to fix this problem would be appreciated.

James

That seems to be a big clue, to me. Meaning its something with the iMac, not with Safari or with Google Chrome.

Trip to your nearest Apple shop might be in order - to visit the Genius Bar… As its a new machine.

2 Likes

Had a strange log in issue, or at least my wife did, we called support and they were brilliant, even could connect to the mac and sort it
Good luck

1 Like

I contacted Apple support and they have connected to my device and sorted the problem well worth a try.

1 Like

When you visit a website in Safari,pop up windows are disabled by default. To override this go to the website then open the Safari menu and go to “ settings for this website” and enable the blocked features.

1 Like

Like you I always have a second browser available, although mine is Firefox. Some SW coders can always keep up with the differences between the various browsers and browser version. However in this case, I would follow @Peppo62 advice in the first place.

1 Like

After a period of weeks with no power on it, my wife’s 2021 MacBook Air developed a weird problem where the time and date were always incorrect if you allowed it to read from the internet time server. I called Apple support and over several hours spread over two days I got escalated three times to more senior experts. They logged in remotely and when that didn’t work, they logged into my iPhone and looked at the MacBook Air screen using my phone’s camera. Ultimately they devised a test to show this was a software and not a hardware problem. Then talked me through formatting the hard disc and reinstalling the operating system. It has been ok since.

Anyway I was very impressed at the time and effort they spent sorting the problem out without me having to take it to one of their Genius Bars.

1 Like

Thanks folks. I’m going to have one more go and if no progress, then it’s Apple support.

James

Shrugs shoulders. Well that’s Macs for ya! :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

If you have an adblocker installed, disable it temporarily, some as adblockers break site functionality.

Also you could try to create a new user, log off your current user and login o the new one. Try to access the same site, if all goes well then is your user configs that could have been damaged somehow or an app or config that accidentally is blocking.

It could be a lot of things, but creating a new user or using a guest account is a good way to identify this.

2 Likes

Regarding the missing buttons…i have had a similar issue on my iPad while in landscape orientation, switching to portrait resolved it… probably a script issue on the site itself. Are you browsing in full screen mode?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.