New in town! Connection Help? + Possible Upgrades?

Naim’s own 3.5mm jack to DIN5 “iPod” interconnect is here…

Always loved the chequed table covering in the various interconnect pics :grinning:

You could get a cheap bluetooth receiver which would plug into one of the pre-amp inputs. I have the Arcam R-com which gives a reasonably listenable sound with FLAC files using AptX - albeit not up to the level of a Naim source.

Thanks. It’s a circular tabletop made from an ancient piece of melamine topped ply that replaced the original glass (they lift in and out, so the glass can be put back any time). I grew up with it, and I guess it’s probably about the same age as I am.

Hi Richard,

We’re would I get one of these, should I contact Naim Directly??

My thoughts we’re to use something like a Sonos Connect:AMP, so I could overhaul, with the whole Sonos eco-sytem or something similar… :slight_smile:

Thank you for the help!!!

Matias, you need to order through a Naim dealer. While likely not a stock item these days, it was posted here not that long ago that the lead could still be made to special order.

The Naim 3.5mm to DIN lead will cost several times as much as the Chromecast Audio, sure it will be a good cable but the Flashback version is pretty good and will be much cheaper.
The Sonos Connect is also a good choice, although I would consider a Yamaha WXC-50 which I think has a better range of features. Both of these would require a 2 x phono to DIN lead like the one in the picture you posted.

1 Like

it depends where your digital music is stored?
google Chromecast £30
Sonos connect £349 - easy to use

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.