New Linn arm, plus 2 new carts

That actually sounds like good vfm if you felt/feel that there was a significant uplift in sound quality.

I suspect that you would be looking at spending significantly more to make substantial gains, whilst avoiding expectation/confirmation bias to justify the purchase, if any were needed of course…

1 Like

Mine was £400 in 1987, iirc.*

I bought it along with my 32-5 and Hi-cap, retaining my NAD 2150 power amplifier until I got a 140. I still have the 32-5 and the Hi-cap. Unused now, but I don’t want to let them go. Silly, really.

*Could have been 1986: I have an old diary in the garage which will confirm the date. Either way last century :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve done the same. Cirkus, Lingo, Kore and tonearm upgrade. I’ve got same Cart as well 10X5. Lovely cart. Looks like great minds think alike!

1 Like

The bearings were shot when I bought the LP12 so it was either a repair or a new arm. I chose a repair. It’s very very good now. The LP12 compares well to my NDS with 555PS.

It looks really good as well.

3 Likes

But… have you got ‘E’ boards…? :astonished: :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve had the phono boards removed in my 82 when it was serviced. I have a Graham Slee Reflex M phono stage!

1 Like

The Kendo intrigues me. Will be on the list with the Hana Umami when it’s new Kartridge time.

Looks like it replaces the Akurate

1 Like

“Did somebody call me”??

“How tattifilarious”!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Original OC9 on original Ekos was sublime.

Yep, Akurate LP12 is no more. And the Akito is no more.

1 Like

Comparing the specs to my OC9XML, it seems to be identical:

It is absolutely sublime on the RB3000/LP12 Karousel.

4 Likes

What does that mean Debs ? Just curious as I have Kandid on an ARO

Thanks

Bevo

1 Like

A neater connection with the Aro arm wiring.

5 Likes

Thanks Debs - yes the Kandid wires are a bit messy with the ARO arm

However I’ve just seen a pic of the kendo on the new arko arm and that looks just as messy

Who knows

1 Like

IF the Koil is based on an ATOC9, I would be mildly interested in what improvements command the £120 premium over the price of the OC9 xsl

It’s got a Linn logo on it :wink:

3 Likes

Of course: incalculable value. Or £120.00… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Plus Scotch Mist…?

1 Like

In the US the Koil retails for $1040, while the OC9XML is $550, basically double. That’s why I don’t go for Linn upgrades, the turntable have been out there for almost 50 years, it’s been reversed engineered many times by very capable people who offer improvements representing much better value, and arguably performance.